Misc. A discovery

Misc. A discovery

Scout1067

Old Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ7, 258, T176, D300, D30 front diff, AMC 20 rear diff, Weber Carburetor, BDS 2.5" lift
I accidentally discovered yesterday that I can get 412km (256 miles) out of the MTS 21 gallon tank I put in last year.

I forgot to tank up Wednesday and yesterday I started to sputter on the way to work. I decided I needed gas and it finally died as I pulled up to the pump. I had to coast the last 15-20 feet. The attendant was amused, to say the least.

At empty there is still around 1.5 to 2 gallons in the tank that the pickup can't get out. I filled it back up and it took 74.54 liters to full and by my calculations it has a capacity of 79.49 liters.

It was an interesting drive to work at least.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Those are not the kind of discoveries you want to make, but at least there was no pushing involved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what drive train combo are you running? i get that many miles out of my 15 gal tank

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

what drive train combo are you running? i get that many miles out of my 15 gal tank

MM that is good mileage you are getting. My gage has never been to accurate in my 15 gallon tank and I just went with mileage myself, and always figured 230 was my safe range in city driving. One day I was driving and saw I was at 227 and was a little panicked trying to get to the next closest station. I gained a little speed going down the hiway and ended up coasting into the station to the pump. Now I go with 210 miles as safe. When I filled up it was about 14 gallons usable. Mine was 4 cyl T4 with 3.54 gears. Engine & Trans now removed

on highway trips to the beach i get almost 18mpg i have the 4.2 t5 with Renegade 3.23 factory axles

I have the 258 with T176 and Dana300. I usually top off when I hit around 350 km. I like to have at least a 1/4 tank all the time from growing up in the country. I also get gas just about exclusively on post because there I pay US prices. I would cry every time I topped off if I had to pay economy prices for gas which are right at 1.30 per liter right now.

When I get mine together again I will have the 258 w/EFI and T176. We are pretty lucky to have cheap gas here. Been paying 1.59 a gallon for months now. Was even cheaper when things crashed early in the spring. I have a buddy down in the Caribbean and been just under $ 6 a gallon for a couple decades now. Crazy high. All gas imported.

I have a Weber 32/36 on mine and it purrs pretty good once I finally got it adjusted properly.

I've been through 2 tanks so far on my 351w build w/Sniper EFI. T18, 3.73 gears and 31" tires.

I got 14mpg on that beast. My driving has been inconsistent because I've been doing engine break-in. I doubt my numbers will change much though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

According to my mileage spreadsheet I am averaging between 15-17 mpg. If I dig deeper it drops in the winter months when I essentially have the heater running constantly.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom