A better use for Coke or Pepsi

A better use for Coke or Pepsi

Posi

Always Off-Roading Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
54 Willys 3B, FI 401, T-18, ARB Locked, Hinkey Sidewinder Winch
As a cleaning agent. I typically don't drink the stuff, but do use it with aluminum foil to clean chrome.

I restored a family member's 28 year old bicycle bell. Given the dings and scratches it came out decent.
Certainly a good product to use for cleaning rusted stock Renegade chrome rims, and other chrome Jeep parts.

Attachments

• IMG_6457[2].jpg
    IMG_6457[2].jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_6460[1].jpg
    IMG_6460[1].jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_6462[1].jpg
    IMG_6462[1].jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 163
As a cleaning agent. I typically don't drink the stuff, but do use it with aluminum foil to clean chrome.

I restored a family member's 28 year old bicycle bell. Given the dings and scratches it came out decent.
Certainly a good product to use for cleaning rusted stock Renegade chrome rims, and other chrome Jeep parts.

I've N E V E R heard of this...??? Why does it work so good?

Two reasons, coke/pepsi is very acidic, slightly more then battery acid on the PH scale. Aluminum is soft enough that is won't scratch the chrome yet abrasive enough to remove the rust.

Well now I can clean up my headlight trim rings instead of paying Crown $65 for a new set...

Thank you!

Well now I can clean up my headlight trim rings instead of paying Crown $65 for a new set...

Thank you!
I would bet the Crown ones would look worse in a year then the ones you have now.

Wow, thanks for the info! Going to try this on my OEM wheel that I still use for my spare. Same thing about the light trim...

Have to look at the process. Do you soak it before or just apply with a brush and then scrub with alum?

I didnt soak it, the bell was small enough that I could clean it in a cut down plastic bottle you see in the first picture.

For larger items I use a spray bottle filled with coke. Just spray on rusted chrome and scrub with aluminum foil. The AF wears after a bit so you will need to grab a new piece every so often depending on the amount of rust.

No wonder my colon was so clean! Truthfully, I use to drink 6 to 8 cokes a day. Really ate the enamel of my teeth. Lots of acidity in it. I've used the stuff to clean battery terminals, etc. but not chrome. I'll have to give it a try, thanks!

Wait What... that totally dosent look like the same bell :eek::chug: .... speaking of which im thirsty time for a coke

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks