84 CJ7 Fuel Line Routing

84 CJ7 Fuel Line Routing

Rammer777

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ7 258 straight six
HELP!!! I started a frame off rebuild just over 10 years ago. Made tons of progress at the beginning and then stalled out for the last 10 years (kids/ new jobs/ etc.). The kids are now old enough that they don't take all my time so I am back to the Jeep finally.

My question is, does anyone have a good diagram of the fuel system? For some stupid reason, I put the body back on the chassis and did not install the gas tank. I am trying to put the tank back in now and don't know what metal line is fuel return line and what one is the vent line. At the front end of the lines (both are disconnected with no hoses attached) one stops by the brake line manifold and the other continues forward and up by the firewall.

To throw a bigger kink into it, I removed all of the California emissions garbage and chucked it years ago. I am slowly remembering what my game plan was. Weber carb/ eliminate the Ford computer/ clean up the jungle of vacuum hoses/ etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well for starters the fuel inlet line runs along the passenger side of the frame and the return line runs along the drivers side. There are 1/4-20 threaded holes for the clamps that hold the lines to the frame.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks