Build Thread 83 CJ7 its time to get it done

Build Thread 83 CJ7 its time to get it done
Im not sure if your asking if i need my t case rotated up in the frame or if i can get away with redrilling the output flange of my transmission

I want my jeep to be as capable as possible on 35s and leaf springs

Years ago i decided to to rotate my transfer case after looking at comparison pictures of stock skid plates vs flat plates, i think mine only hangs down 3 or 4 inches and is flat al l the way across, so far i haven’t turtled it so it’s working

As far as re drilling i am going to do some quick measurements when i get home to find out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gert, you got the deep dished tc pan cover, so running tc full flat clock is almost a must.

If your transmission mounting flange for the tc is lipped evenly all the way around, then you are in luck. You can drill holes for any tc clocking position. I would have done this but my mounting flange has hole bosses and no way to attain full flat horizontal clocking. Be careful drilling new hole pattern. I don’t think the holes are equidistant.

If you would like FRONT HI ONLY range capability, here’s the trick with only a slight shift rod mod highlighted in red. Just widen the machined valley.

IMG_3015.jpeg

I built my transfer case so long ago that i had forgotten weather or not i did the shifter rail mod

I think i have tho

It's an interesting process/sequence putting those shifter rods back in, right? Took me a couple tries last time.

That is a BIG cover. Probably an extra quart of oil. Looks like you're running a cooler or something with that red hose?

No cooler, i had some red air hose i was using as a vent hose

I am considering if i do the Novak tail housing to redrill the transmission output and remove the rotation ring at the same time so i only have the diveshaft lengthened 1 time

You can’t go wrong with that ultra short output shaft. You will need a flange mount yoke and will lose the port for mechanical speedo. I have a new yoke for use with 1310 joints non cv style if you need it. Going with the cv style shaft is better but you do need to clock the axle correctly.

I believe that is the adapter for his NV4500 to dana 300.
The 300 will bolt right up to the 4500 but likely will yield a weird clock position.

Only 360 more days to go…..

b02db560b95fe5a0585654e7283fffa9.jpg

Nice! Looks like Gold Bar Rim. Interested to hear how the latest mods worked for ya.
We'll be there in 23 days.

Top of the world

Not happy with my shifting, its still popping out of gear, going to pull it back out and have a look

Sure glad we didn’t have an earthquake

Top of the world

Not happy with my shifting, its still popping out of gear, going to pull it back out and have a look

Nothing like bench pressing a trans a few times to keep in shape. Hopefully you figure it out this time around.

Nothing like bench pressing a trans a few times to keep in shape. Hopefully you figure it out this time around.

Lol, ya definitely not bench pressing my 4500, i weighed my 2wd version that i put in my ramcharger at 200 pounds but i probably will pull it as well and look at re drilling the output flange

Lol, ya definitely not bench pressing my 4500, i weighed my 2wd version that i put in my ramcharger at 200 pounds but i probably will pull it as well and look at re drilling the output flange

So much! Tweak as you can...

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks