Build Thread '81 CJ-7 Laredo build

Build Thread '81 CJ-7 Laredo build
:dung:-Sorry to hear this! :(

LG

Sorry to hear about the early organ donor-ship.

Glad you and your loved ones are OK, tho!!!
Um, everyone's ok, right?

-Jon

Well that really sucks but the bright side is you got a camping trip in it just sucks it ended this way

Sorry to hear that Pete. You remind me of Hew-Haw. ;)

"If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. Gloom, Despair, and Agony on me!"

Bright side is you now have a good way to extend a frame for a pickup. :)

:dung:-Sorry to hear this! :(

LG

Thanks. I'm trying to work out a good plan to minimize the pain as much as possible.

Sorry to hear about the early organ donor-ship.

Glad you and your loved ones are OK, tho!!!
Um, everyone's ok, right?

-Jon

Yeah nothing catastrophic, everyone is fine and all in all that's most important.

Well that really sucks but the bright side is you got a camping trip in it just sucks it ended this way

Yeah atleast it gave me one trip.

That sucks. Did it explode? Leave you stranded? Limp it home?

No real action , a lot noise limping home.

Sorry to hear that Pete. You remind me of Hew-Haw. ;)

"If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. Gloom, Despair, and Agony on me!"

Bright side is you now have a good way to extend a frame for a pickup. :)

The Hee Haw quote gave me a chuckle. As long as I'm not singing " I searched the world over and thought I found true love..." I'll be ok. :D

Are you sure you want to bail on it just because of a bad motor? I wish you were closer I have two 258's that I would love to help you out with or I would take it and save it. I just hate to see a CJ die because of a bad motor. :(

:agree:

You will regret this-Don't do it!
Respectfully,
LG

We'll come over and twist your if we have to. Don't do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I support whatever direction you select, man. Your life, your choice.

-Jon

I'm with them. If it were me, I'd start finding what exactly went wrong. Drain all the fluids, drop the pan. Maybe pull the head and start pushing out pistons. At any rate, it could be something simple like some parts that need replaced in the engine.

Or, you could have a prime opportunity to do a 4.0L swap... ;) I just found a couple cheap ones on c-list. It's darn near the easiest (nearly) bolt in engine swap for a CJ, anyway. Just saying...

Hey, at least I'm not trying to lure you over to the dark side and say drop in a SBC... :D

Well I could've sold the wheels and tires, transmission and grill overlay already but you guys have me thinking. I probably won't have a Jeep all Summer but I like the idea of a 360. :chug::drool:

Good-now that you have returned to your senses. :laugh::poke:
What's your SWAG on what happened to the engine? :confused:
LG

Well I could've sold the wheels and tires, transmission and grill overlay already but you guys have me thinking. I probably won't have a Jeep all Summer but I like the idea of a 360. :chug::drool:
:banana:

I'll take a video and let you all hear for yourselves.

I would like to defend myself a little. The only way I could generate some quick cash to get me back in a Cj this Summer was to part this somewhat and throw that cash at the '82. If you look at the Craigslist ad I was keeping the Cj without a drivetrain to build my Cj pick up. I wasn't junking it. Doing it this way means I probably won't have a Jeep till Fall. It ruins a lot of plans. A Mazda Protégé isn't what our plans are based around. :(

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks