Build Thread 79 Cj-7 crawler build

Pete looks very good, keep on going. I have just done this. and a pic to support you...

Pete looks very good, keep on going. I have just done this. and a pic to support you...

Wow those pics are definitely inspiring. Way beyond my bodywork skills. Very nice.

IMG_20180317_165939027_zpsurillmye.jpg

She's off too her new home. Even though I was making progress there was no way I was going to be ready for any wheeling this Summer. Not letting that happen. Right now I'm waiting on a guy to come back from Florida. I'll be buying something a little more "Turnkey". Then I'll just have an Upgrade thread on it.

Oh wow Pete, I was wondering what you where up to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_20180317_165939027_zpsurillmye.jpg

She's off too her new home. Even though I was making progress there was no way I was going to be ready for any wheeling this Summer. Not letting that happen. Right now I'm waiting on a guy to come back from Florida. I'll be buying something a little more "Turnkey". Then I'll just have an Upgrade thread on it.

Good luck to the new owner, hopefully he gets it on the road again soon ! Good luck with the new one Pete. I don't blame you on wanting to enjoy the summer with a CJ more ready to go. Not easy to bring one back

Oh wow Pete, I was wondering what you where up to

It's been a long Winter and my knee doesn't really care for it. Next one is an automatic for sure. I still have the 80 and am gathering parts for it's restoration.

Good luck to the new owner, hopefully he gets it on the road again soon ! Good luck with the new one Pete. I don't blame you on wanting to enjoy the summer with a CJ more ready to go. Not easy to bring one back

Agreed. This one is just too time consuming for me anymore. I'm hoping I can just do a few upgrades on weekends with this next one. We'll see lol.

The hood ornament is awesome lol

Looks good. Especially with that Mack Dog

I'm going with a 92-94 yj tub, windshield frame, rollbar, and seat frames.
CJ frame and axles.
2" or + body lift.
From what I can see in the pic.

I hope it is "Built like a Mack Truck"!

Looks good. Especially with that Mack Dog

I had an interview with Mack all set up 16 years ago but Purina hired me 1st. Mack has had alot of ups and downs since then so I think I made the right decision. They did move some people from here down South though. That makes me a little jealous.

I'm going with a 92-94 yj tub, windshield frame, rollbar, and seat frames.
CJ frame and axles.
2" or + body lift.
From what I can see in the pic.

That's pretty spot on. '79 Cj drive train. 304 , Quadratrac with 4 low and part time kit.

I had an interview with Mack all set up 16 years ago but Purina hired me 1st. Mack has had alot of ups and downs since then so I think I made the right decision. They did move some people from here down South though. That makes me a little jealous.

My dad had a contract with Purina 45-50 years ago. My good friend is in sales with them in N. Carolina.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks