Build Thread '78 CJ7 - Barn Find

Build Thread '78 CJ7 - Barn Find

jsherman

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'78 CJ7
4.2L 258 Inline 6 w/ Borg Warner T5 transmission
I'm a new member and recently found a 78 CJ7...

I've always been a fan of Jeeps (had a 2007 Jeep 4 door rubicon for about 6 years). i don't know much about working on vehicles, though i own several that seem to always need work and i've added this one to the fleet.

it's not in great shape. in fact, i think it'll take a lot of work to get this one back up and running. but hey... it's only time and money.

first goal is to see if i can get it running. i have no idea what i'm doing... so this should be fun! I will of course take pictures and provide updates but my real purpose is joining this forum is in hopes that those that have gone down this road before can help me through the process :)

Thanks,
Jerry

Attachments

• cj7.jpg
    cj7.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 120
sweet welcome aboard from Texas we would love to share in your adventure and its a great group of people here

These Jeeps are pretty much puzzles. They aren't engineering marvels plus anything you run into has already been done at least a thousand times!

Take pictures during disassembley to make assembler easier.

Good luck and ask away!

Reference taking pics - when you think you have enough, you will realize you don't!! Also pick up a box of zip lock bags to keep hardware properly sorted...... and they make great ways to keep snacks fresh when you do like I did and forget to use em....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks