Build Thread 75 CJ5 Rebuild

Well it was never finished from the guy that started it kuz he died.. So I wanna start by taking the body off clean up the frame axles and everything, engine needs some tune up doesnt like to get gas.. suspension lift its just got a body lift right now, new tires. Will see what else once we start rippin it apart

Got the windshield out, gotta clean it up then paint it.
img00064-20110426-1319.jpg
img00065-20110426-1355.jpg

Nice jeep. I just bought the the same year, with what looks like the same fiberglass body. I like the full rollbar- mine only has the rear portion- I want to look into tying it into the frame. I also have a friend custom making me two seat brackets out of aluminum. The way the PO installed the seats makes the bikini top hit my head while driving.

Like the roll bars! painting those up and slapping them back in are going to make it look almost like a new ride. Tires seems decent and the rims...well just paint them black and it would look awesome.

Like the roll bars! painting those up and slapping them back in are going to make it look almost like a new ride. Tires seems decent and the rims...well just paint them black and it would look awesome.

Thanks, im gonna get new tires tho want like 10.5's those are 12.5's. but yeah i wanna clean the rims up (dont know why just get full of mud ha) not gonna paint them tho just clean them up

Is the hood and fenders on hinges or does it just come off. Some pics of that would be neat.

I can take pictures of how its set up if you want that was just a picture of when i got it a few years ago i already had one here. Idk how it was done tho it was like that when i got it.

But as an update to this build, i just got my car outta the garage today so hopefully be doing some more work on the jeep soon

I can take pictures of how its set up if you want that was just a picture of when i got it a few years ago i already had one here. Idk how it was done tho it was like that when i got it.

Colby - when you have time, some pictures of how the hood is hinged and how the radiator is mounted would be much appreciated. My 75 is set up the same way, but it was really hacked together. Yours looks much nicer.
Thanks - Bill

Colby - when you have time, some pictures of how the hood is hinged and how the radiator is mounted would be much appreciated. My 75 is set up the same way, but it was really hacked together. Yours looks much nicer.
Thanks - Bill

Alright yeah I will whenever its not raining haha supposed to rain all week..

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks