400 dollar wrangler

400 dollar wrangler
I second this too^^^^^

If your going to do it (which it sounds like you really want to), then do it right!

Ed, you never like my projects any way =P although I always end up checking back around and doing what you told me I should do in the first place.

Being an old Army Veteran, if one of my kids fixed up a Jeep to look like an old Army Vehicle, I'd be proud to drive it around. It's the thought that counts. By-the-way, did you get the Wrangler? Any Pics? Rod

Being an old Army Veteran, if one of my kids fixed up a Jeep to look like an old Army Vehicle, I'd be proud to drive it around. It's the thought that counts. By-the-way, did you get the Wrangler? Any Pics? Rod

Deal is still in the works but not finalized. I'll attach pics, as expected there are some rust spots on the fender and tub.

Anyone with a trailer want to let me pay them to move it from Pittsburgh to philly? ....bueller? Bueller?

Attachments

• downloadfile-2.jpg
    downloadfile-2.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 85
  • downloadfile.jpg
    downloadfile.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 20140629_144330.jpg
    20140629_144330.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 20140629_144358.jpg
    20140629_144358.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 76
I would give 400 for that in a heart beat, good luck.

If you're looking for a real, no-joke military jeep, I'll probably be selling one of mine soon. it needs lots of help, and I already have 3 Jeeps between me and my Dad. It's not a USMC jeep, but it's legit Military. if you do decide to do the Wrangler route, good on you - if your Dad likes it, that's what matters. I think like some of the other guys said, if you do it right, it'll be cool.

and it has General tires!

I hate it that the 1970s General Tire campaign, "Sooner or later you'll own Generals" was actually highly accurate, almost prophesy. I owned them for about three days once.

ThisGuyUKnow,

Are you going to make the TJ into a M.U.T.T?

-Jon

and it has General tires!

I hate it that the 1970s General Tire campaign, "Sooner or later you'll own Generals" was actually highly accurate, almost prophesy. I owned them for about three days once.

ThisGuyUKnow,

Are you going to make the TJ into a M.U.T.T?

-Jon

It's a possibility, I'm on the fence I may just part it out or fix it up and flip it

It's a possibility, I'm on the fence I may just part it out or fix it up and flip it

What put you on the fence? Something about the vehicle that says, "more work than worth it?" or something else?

Did you "feel out" your father on the matter and decide he wouldn't enjoy it as much as you (we all) hoped he would?

-Jon

What put you on the fence? Something about the vehicle that says, "more work than worth it?" or something else?

Did you "feel out" your father on the matter and decide he wouldn't enjoy it as much as you (we all) hoped he would?

-Jon

Well I am in the middle of my CJ project, which admittedly is about to come to a stopping point in a few weeks when I finish the 4.0 stuff and get evertyhing street worthy as I decided I am going to wait a while before actually painting it and making it look super clean.

So it really depends on how much it needs. I can't know that until it gets here. My suspicion is that all the issue he described are minor fixes that seem big if you dont know about working on your jeep. IE. He said the tranny was busted, so I asked what was it doing? Grinding, popping out of gear, not shifting into gear, etc? He said well it wont shift into 4wd. Oh ok, well before it stopped running, did the tranny shift fine? Oh yeah drove in 4wd no problem.

So Could need a new TC or could be as simple as a bad linkage.

He said it doesnt run because the starter went bad, but supposedly the starter was installed fairly recently. So could be a bad starter or could be a blown fuse, or could be a bad Nuetral safety switch (yes TJ manuals have a NSS).

Obviously the jeep needs at least one new front fender and some repair work to the rear by the tires. There could be more tub rust hidden. I asked specifically about the frame and he said that it was bad at one point but that a shop welded in repair sections to fix some issues( my assumption is that this was done to pass inspection) so the frame may be good to go or it may have rust.

Just got to get it in front of me to find out. Im having it shipped from pittsburgh soon.

The jeep was delivered Friday night (well I guess technically Saturday morning).

It took me about half an hour on Saturday to get it from being dead to running. I pulled the top off and started driving it around. (Apparently a no no In pa). The tires were bald so I found a set of stock 205s on oem steel wheels on craigslist and drove out and swapped them out.

Looking at the frame, I don't think it's a good candidate for the m151 conversion. It's got some rot started on the frame, nothing that can't be repaired though, I am not sure if it will pass inspection. So looks like a part out, or resell situation.

In the meantime I had a lot of fun finally driving around topless. I'm going to keep this on the road as a surrogate while I finish my CJ7.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks