CJ

Admin
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'72 CJ5, 401, T18, D20, D44, D30
'82 CJ8, 258, D300, AMC20, D30
HOLY HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats 1,166.66 posts....A DAY!:eek:

Well...if I were the dad I would LIMIT her powers to send text messages. I am sure I am not the only one who sees that there is something gravely wrong with a ninth grader spending that much time on her phone, right?

Havent you guys realized that women have ALOT to say?

This time last year, I was averaging 600 text messages, and 9000 minutes.

Well...if I were the dad I would LIMIT her powers to send text messages. I am sure I am not the only one who sees that there is something gravely wrong with a ninth grader spending that much time on her phone, right?
I agree with the amount of time but, the Father states she keeps her grades up and is also involved with extracurricular activities... She is monitored, she does more then just text. I think that as long as she keeps up her studies and such - it is OK. I can think of allot worse hobbies!!!

That many messages - wouldnt she have to recharge her phone every half hour?

And even if she had, say, 100 contacts that she regularly texted and got replies from - that means they are sending 350 texts a month to her.

Hmmm smells like BS.

What people will write about to make up a story that people will read....

my children taught me all about texting and now I do as much as them. I/we are nowhere near 10,000 a month but we definately had to upgrade our plan to unlimited text because we couldn't keep it under the "given" amount monthly. Texting IS very convenient. It has taken over the place of calling home and "will you stop and get milk on your way home?"

That many messages - wouldnt she have to recharge her phone every half hour?

And even if she had, say, 100 contacts that she regularly texted and got replies from - that means they are sending 350 texts a month to her.

Hmmm smells like BS.

What people will write about to make up a story that people will read....
I thought is stank a little also... Did some research and it is legit! You can even find copies of the bill and data online supplied from the phone company. She has even been on a few talk shows since then... :) :)

Funny thing, this is not even a record. From many articles I have read it is almost 183k by someone in India. :notworthy:

Man sets texting record | News Blog - CNET News

jeez, my phone holds 250 text messages, and I have to clean it out about once a week. And the only one that texts me regularly is my wife. 350 a month for a teen is a no brainer. Then its just how many friends she has...

I wonder how many of those messages were in text talk (NP, OMG, TMI, etc.)

We have unlimited text plans.

At Sprint, they have an unlimited everything plan for $100 a month :) I used to have that... damn I miss it.

With as fast as some people can type on their phone. I'm not surprised.

And like what's been said. If she keeps her grades up and is in various activities, I don't see anything wrong.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks