307 chevy block needs a tranny!

307 chevy block needs a tranny!

wrangler rider

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
95 wrangler with 88 4.2 carbed with puguetoe(?) 5spd both fresh rebuilds, spring over, 3inch body, spring arched 2 inches and stiffened, 10 inches of total lift on 36inch tsls 8k mile marker winch, ect.
1969 dodge charger rt se 440, 727 torqueflite 3.55 suregrip with 8 3/4 axle, everyone is making her a headache for me but i love her 1000xs more then my jeep
2005 dodge 3500 cummins 6speed dually work truck, not mine
what tranny's bolt up to a 307? I need a stick shift one so what are the ones that fit?
Thanks, yes its going into my jeep

what tranny's bolt up to a 307? I need a stick shift one so what are the ones that fit?
Thanks, yes its going into my jeep

Well for one im not 100% chevy makes a 307 and im thinking your meaning 305 and if that is so, i would go find a manual 85 chevy 4x4 with a 305 because thats gonna have a L,1,2,and 3 thats what my work truck is the 305 better be somewhat new becuase this one has over 100k miles and has no power and it will bolt right in dont forget to look at conversion kits or know what your doing.

Chevy makes a 307 and any trans that bolts to any Chevy small block will bolt to any other Chevy small block as long as you have the correct bellhousing and such. All Chevy small block parts (mostly) are interchangeable.

As CJ said any sbc trans will bolt up.
I don't want to be a downer here but why a 307?
I was into cars in the 70's and I can tell you they are junk.
IMO the 305 is a better motor.

the 305 is a chevy red headed step child. i wouldn't waste any time or money on one. a 307 is a little better. as cheap and plentiful as 350s are, go for that one. if you just happen to have a a good running 307 then run it. DISCLAIMER: this is my opinion no one has to like it or follow it.

the 305 is a chevy red headed step child. i wouldn't waste any time or money on one. a 307 is a little better. as cheap and plentiful as 350s are, go for that one. if you just happen to have a a good running 307 then run it. DISCLAIMER: this is my opinion no one has to like it or follow it.

HIJACK
IMO with the 305 having a 1/4" longer stroke than the 307 it gives it more bottom end torque. In a jeep thats a good thing.
But your right a 350 is the only way to go.:chug:

I had to look it up in my old chilton
1973 307 with 2bbl 115 hp 205 ft.lbs torque
1976 305 with 2bbl 140 hp 245 " " "
1976 258 with 2bbl 120 hp 200 " " "

You might as well keep the 258. :D

307s were a half breed cross between 283s and 327s with the large journal crank from the 327 in a 283 block. Reliable, but under powered.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks