Interior 3 point seatbelts

Interior 3 point seatbelts

RiverandSand

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'80, CJ5, 350 sbc, sm465, D300, D30, AMC20
For those with the stock 3 point seatbelt setup, I need the measurement from the wheelwell to the mounting point on the rollbar, so I can weld in a mounting bung. The wife would like me to install the newer style belts as my 80 only has lap belts.

I get 21”..... Keeping in mind that’s a YJ roll bar - but I would think that would be pretty dang close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not exactly sure where you mean, but if it is where I'm starting with the tape, I'm coming up with about 32" on the passenger side. Sorry about the low light in the picture. image.jpeg

I measured from the top of the wheelwell......

Ok I'm getting just over 20" there. :pissed:

If your welding you own bung, I would just put it at a height that woks for you and who ever else may be driving. Make it comfortable for you application.

Thanks guys, I was looking for a starting point, didn't want to be to high or to low. I figured the factory setting would be a good start, so I came up with 22." That keeps the belt from chaffing the neck. The measurement was from the top of wheelwell.

Ding Ding....... Is there a prize for the correct answer?? LOL

Cool beans!! I’ll dig my prize out of the fridge in a bit

Looks good, never thought of an adjustable belt point. I'm just waiting on the 7/16-20 weld in bungs to finish up.

Following, I too have an 80 CJ looking to do the same thing. Would love to see some other pictures. What is the "bung" you are welding and where did you get it?

Following, I too have an 80 CJ looking to do the same thing. Would love to see some other pictures. What is the "bung" you are welding and where did you get it?

It is not a bung. It is a tube that I enlarged the hole and taped to size. The tube goes all the way through and is welded on both sides.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10982c53cd1686228fdf996449378293.png
10982c53cd1686228fdf996449378293.png
dec1d695cd8c1942fd8d584bb73febe2.png
I bought the hardware at a local store called Nutty Bolt. They had the tube/sleeve, the tap and die and the bolts I used. Once welded, I cut off the back and used a grinder to smooth the welds.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom