2009 Hump N Bump

2009 Hump N Bump

BajaEdition

Resident 'Old' Jeep Shaman
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
67 cj5,225 Dauntless, D30,chrome molies, detroit, D44, full floating detroit, custom steering, disc all the way around,2 inch lift on 31s, armored up
70 cj6 4 inch lift
Hump N Bump 2009
Date: Nov 6-8
Trails/Area: Logandale
Rating: Varied, Easy to Extreme

Once again, the Vegas Valley Wheelers have proven why this has been rated as one of the top ten events in the USA to attend each year.
Got to visit with friends I see to often, Del a Stacie Albright were there as always and we had a great talk about trail issues. Had bull sessions with some new vendors and found a great drive shaft shop, Adams Driveshaft from Henderson Nevada, and they have some killer lifts for JKs, you need to check them out. Olympic Offroad Products was there and Hooked up with Eric, we always get in trouble together, found out his father and George Richardson had been great friends and listened to George tell stories for a hour. Wow we are talking 4x4 history here but hearing a tale about using a pair of channel locks and 2 batteries to weld up a drive shaft in the dunes while, well maybe I better not repeat that part, was so funny my sides were splitting.
The trails were spectacular and varied from the easiest scenic trail to extreme trails.
One of the high lights this year was the easiest trail was lead by a geologist who explain the tectonic forces that created the area, as he stopped and took everyone over to rock formations, he opened a few small rocks to explain the forces and generally showed us how they studied the area. George Richardson (the event organizer) had recommended Missy and Myself take this tour just to see the area and we were not disappointed. However, getting back to camp I was wanting more and we went off to the Sh&$ter Trail and got our rocks on. Fantastic run and great obstacles for everyone to beat up against.
then a great dinner and a raffle that had 26 thousand dollars in prizes to give away. Well I made out like a bandit, got a 1500 dollar gift cert for a Klune extreme underdrive, a 100 dollar from superlift, 25 from northridge 4x4 , 6 tee shirts, 1 hat, a roller fairlead, pair of gloves, grab handles for rollcage, tire repair kit, kenetic energy snatch strap,and a bunch of small stuff including a set of jeep shot glasses, oh did I mention a 100 dollar bill as a jeepers stimulus package from Adams Driveshaft. I made out like a bandit. All to soon I was passed out,, err to many rum drinks,, and the morning was on us. I made quick goodbyes as 300 mile long trek was ahead of me. I really like this event and am sad each year when we all say goodbye. next time I get to see these guys will be Cal 4x4 convention in the winter then we almost have to plan a wheeling trip before next Hump n Bump to see each other again. Sad how such good times with such good people are to few in number.
Do not miss this event next year, it is always great.

Hump N Bump 2009
Date: Nov 6-8
Trails/Area: Logandale
Rating: Varied, Easy to Extreme

Once again, the Vegas Valley Wheelers have proven why this has been rated as one of the top ten events in the USA to attend each year.
Got to visit with friends I see to often, Del a Stacie Albright were there as always and we had a great talk about trail issues. Had bull sessions with some new vendors and found a great drive shaft shop, Adams Driveshaft from Henderson Nevada, and they have some killer lifts for JKs, you need to check them out. Olympic Offroad Products was there and Hooked up with Eric, we always get in trouble together, found out his father and George Richardson had been great friends and listened to George tell stories for a hour. Wow we are talking 4x4 history here but hearing a tale about using a pair of channel locks and 2 batteries to weld up a drive shaft in the dunes while, well maybe I better not repeat that part, was so funny my sides were splitting.
The trails were spectacular and varied from the easiest scenic trail to extreme trails.
One of the high lights this year was the easiest trail was lead by a geologist who explain the tectonic forces that created the area, as he stopped and took everyone over to rock formations, he opened a few small rocks to explain the forces and generally showed us how they studied the area. George Richardson (the event organizer) had recommended Missy and Myself take this tour just to see the area and we were not disappointed. However, getting back to camp I was wanting more and we went off to the Sh&$ter Trail and got our rocks on. Fantastic run and great obstacles for everyone to beat up against.
then a great dinner and a raffle that had 26 thousand dollars in prizes to give away. Well I made out like a bandit, got a 1500 dollar gift cert for a Klune extreme underdrive, a 100 dollar from superlift, 25 from northridge 4x4 , 6 tee shirts, 1 hat, a roller fairlead, pair of gloves, grab handles for rollcage, tire repair kit, kenetic energy snatch strap,and a bunch of small stuff including a set of jeep shot glasses, oh did I mention a 100 dollar bill as a jeepers stimulus package from Adams Driveshaft. I made out like a bandit. All to soon I was passed out,, err to many rum drinks,, and the morning was on us. I made quick goodbyes as 300 mile long trek was ahead of me. I really like this event and am sad each year when we all say goodbye. next time I get to see these guys will be Cal 4x4 convention in the winter then we almost have to plan a wheeling trip before next Hump n Bump to see each other again. Sad how such good times with such good people are to few in number.
Do not miss this event next year, it is always great.

Sounds like a awesome time if im ever down to Cali again here soon ill be sure to get ahold of you Baja :) but i really dont think the jeep would be able to make that drive running or not thats 1200+ miles.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks