Build Thread 1983 CJ7 Rebuild: Reclaimed Stock and Mild Custom

Build Thread 1983 CJ7 Rebuild: Reclaimed Stock and Mild Custom
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1983 CJ-7 401
Hey folks,

I just joined not too long ago after creeping around a bit. Flashback: I owned a 1981 CJ5 back in the 1990s and loved it. The only downside was that after college, my wife at the time hated it and wanted it gone. With hindsight being 20/20, I should have gotten rid of her instead.

Flash forward: I ran across a really good deal on an 86 CJ 7 last year and just had to get it; the owner sold it as an 83 (first of many surprises). After some thought, I decided to take her apart, restore the majority of her factory specs, and rebuild her with some minor upgrades. Based on my design goals and experiences so far, I figured documentation was in order. Once I get my photobucket account set up I'll start posting pictures and relating some of the details of this endeavor.

Hello,

I am currently restoring an 84 to mostly factory specs. I'm currently reinstalling the transmission and transfer case and am having difficulty remembering the proper placement of this serial number tag. Perhaps you can provide me a pic of the location of your identically formatted tag? It goes somewhere on the transmission or transfer case.

Attachments

• IMG_1800.jpg
    IMG_1800.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 63

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks