Build Thread 1983 CJ-7 Rebuild

Build Thread 1983 CJ-7 Rebuild

DaHans

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'83 CJ7, AMC 20, Dana 30, 258, Dana 300
I have broken up this rebuild into 4 stages: 1) frame down, 2) engine, 3) body and 4) the rest of the stuff. Stage one is complete! I'm still waiting on front brake lines before I secure all the brake lines to the frame and a few odds and ends like shock absorbers, steering stabilizer, etc, but the hard part is done! I've certainly learned a lot and these forums have been extremely helpful, so thank you all. I was lucky, mt Jeep was mostly stock and I was able to keep most of the stuff. Mainly just clean, paint and replace bearings, seals etc. I took a ton of photos during disassembly along with some notes and keep everything. I fact I still have all the parts I replaced, I had to reference that quite a bit. I used McMaster Carr for a lot of nuts/bolts, and Quadratec for most of the parts, the stainless brake lines are Inline Tube (great product, literally exact replacement).

The next stage is the engine. I have a 4.0 head with EFI that I will replace my 4.2 head and Carter Carb disaster with. There seems to be quite a bit of information on the internet about that replacement. I have no idea what I am doing, but will eventually figure it out. When I send out the engine to a machine shop, I will work on the body. The body is in pretty good shape, I'll have to replace some metal, but the structure is solid. Not sure how I am going to do that, I figure I either learn to weld or try and find someplace to do it. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of places that do that kind of body work, they seem to be mostly collision repair.

Here are a few photos, some I edited for comparison. I'm very open to feedback or constructive criticism, you guys are the experts. Easier to fix now, than after it's assembled. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5379.jpg
    IMG_5379.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5380.jpg
    IMG_5380.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5381.jpg
    IMG_5381.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5382.jpg
    IMG_5382.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_5366.jpg
    IMG_5366.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 43
dude thats pretty cool keep after it

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom