1981 trim code question

1981 trim code question

craveman85

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1981 cj8, gm 151, sr4, Dana 300, Dana 30, amc 20, 3.73s
I was looking at the trim codes the other day trying to decipher mine. I have an 81 CJ8. I've decoded my vin and it is an 81 100% my interior code is 6BA. It has low back really light colored beige seats. According to the trim codes my interior code should be 6ca. I contacted the man I bought it from and he said the seats had never been changed. He worked for the original owner and put most of the 64k miles on it. So question is the trim code page wrong or did amc stamp it wrong.

I was looking at the trim codes the other day trying to decipher mine. I have an 81 CJ8. I've decoded my vin and it is an 81 100% my interior code is 6BA. It has low back really light colored beige seats. According to the trim codes my interior code should be 6ca. I contacted the man I bought it from and he said the seats had never been changed. He worked for the original owner and put most of the 64k miles on it. So question is the trim code page wrong or did amc stamp it wrong.

That is one of two mistakes that are on that PDF. Thanks for reminding me. I need to fix them this weekend

So what's the 6ba mean then. Did they ever have beige door panels? Or just nutmeg, black, blue and the dark red?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks