Build Thread 1979 Jeep CJ7

Build Thread 1979 Jeep CJ7
Got the d300 painted, resealed and all the inards look excellent. Everything is tight and looks good to go.

Been waiting on the clutch kit to get here, and it just arrived today. So I should have everything but driveshafts here and ready. I am going to start either this weekend or next tearing out the old and installing the new. The only unknowns for me right now are, how good of a job I did on the trans and where and how the trans mount will bolt up. I'd really like to keep the skid/crossmember. So we'll see.

Well finally got around to my rear main seal today. Wasn't too bad. I'll be fealing it tomorrow. Basically, glad to get it done. Now I can proceed to the trans swap. I didn"t want to do that until the rear main was taken care of. I do have one bit of advice. Read the factory repair manual first. Also, before applying sealers, double check your gaskets in the pan kit. I found that fel-pro decided to give me two of the same side in the kit. Luckily napa had another set. But all is dry for now.

Man I’m dieing to see some pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The jeep doesn't change much in appearence. That's why I don't do many pics. If it were easier to post from my phone, which I used to be able to, I still would. I've tried recently to no avail. For some reason I could from my old phone but this new one is different for some reason. I may give it a try again. Don't recall if I posted this already but I did put a new stubby front bumper on a couple weeks ago.

Hmm I wonder why it won’t let you post maybe you need to reload tap a talk or something, I use my phone almost exclusively now

Ok then. Here comes another.... dana300 I resealed and painted. I'll have to take a pic of the np435. Thought I had one but couldn't find it in the phone.

Very cool

Give this a shot. Should be a front bumper if it works.

Nice bumper!! I like the small "hoops"..... mini stingers... whatever they're called, I like em!

Ya got it goin on now!! Tap-a-talk won't show en, but hey do show up on the website...... don't know why tho. Bunch of pics won't show unless on the website. But hey - now that you've got the process down pat, you're gonna need to feed the beasts....LOL

NOW we're cookin with gas........

Sent from 30 minutes into the future using Tapatalk

Heck ya man, I have an NP435 I want to rebuild it’s cool to see disassembled pictures of one

The new HEI..... and the surprise I found after pulling the gear off the Oriellys remand distributor. Hole for crush pin was wollard out!

Now that I have figered this thing out, I can post pics more often. I was giving up on the post because it didn't show anything in the field.

Man that joker was wallowed out pretty bad, I could see that giving you erratic timing

You couldn't imagine my surprise at finding that on a reman distributor. All is good with the HEI though. Down side is that HEI is not fuel injection ready. But it was pretty reasonable.

You can adapt that HEI with the later ECM from one of the TBI distributors, that’s what I plan to do

The bumper was built by Erik's fabrication. Guy is awesome. If you're looking for a bumper front or rear, visit his facebook page. He has past work and referrals on there. Hexs a stones throw from me so I got to meet him when picking up my front bumper. Does excellent work. Slips right over front frame rails with 4 mounting holes. Sucker is SOLID. He also guarantees his work. He also ships. I got mine on his spring sale. Free shipping. I paid $250 because I p/u and you have to finish. I used Herculiner. Super nice guy and he can pretty much build it any way you want it.

I will be going back for my rear bumper with tow hitch, tire carrier, jerry can holders and over the spare rack. Be about $800 but it'll be quality work I won't have ro worry about fittment issues or anything.

Gert, I didn't realise that. I'll have to read up.

I started watching this guy on youtube. He transplanted a 2002 or there abouts Dodge 5.9 to his tj or yj. Should be similar. I have a truck in the drive with everything I need. At 203k, it may be time to buy a newer truck. It runs flawlessly though. Would be a great candidate.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks