1975 CJ5 T18 Transmission

1975 CJ5 T18 Transmission

Wally892

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ5
Recently acquired a 75 CJ5 with 304 T18. I noticed I have a boot under clutch pedal and it looks where a clutch push rod may have been. Is this needed, I am having problems shifting when it is cold, but as it warms up it gets better. Any thoughts. Don't know if work has been done on the clutch, as I do know the tranny was changed at some point to the T18.

Not sure about the boot part, but my T19 is a bit slow when its cold. After a short bit the 80/90w warms up and things get much smoother

If you want better cold shifting you will need to go with a liter transmission oil.

Does your CJ have a mechanical or hydraulic clutch? A mechanical clutch does have a rod going through the firewall to the bell crank.

Recently acquired a 75 CJ5 with 304 T18. I noticed I have a boot under clutch pedal and it looks where a clutch push rod may have been. Is this needed, I am having problems shifting when it is cold, but as it warms up it gets better. Any thoughts. Don't know if work has been done on the clutch, as I do know the tranny was changed at some point to the T18.

Probably left over from the mechanical clutch linkage from the factory for that year application.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks