1975 CJ5 Brake Light Hydraulic Switch?

1975 CJ5 Brake Light Hydraulic Switch?

brtc

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ5-258
Quick question before I go pick one up. My brake light switch is not working. It's the type of switch that sits on the pedal. I want to change to the Hydraulic pressure brake switch that mounts on the bottom of the master cylinder. I've only seen pictures of it on google. Has anyone used this type of switch on a 1975 CJ5. Just wanna make sure it'll work. Thanks.

The little orange thing in the lower right is the plug that goes to the hydroulic switch. I HATED the brake switch that you needed a 15YO girl with a double jointed extra elbo to reach. This works great, puting it into a brake line is a bit of a chalange. have you flaired brake lines before? :cool:

they are available on e-bay with a "T", two brake female and one 1/8th NPT female for the switch.

Thanks for the response. Yep, I've flared lines before. Yeah, that other switch does seem like a real pain. Figured I'd just make the switch while I need to. I'll look up the switch on Ebay. Thanks. I've seen some master cylinders where they just screwed the 1/8" fitting right in to the drain on the bottom. You think that'll work or is it better to fit it to a brake line?

Whatever you can find the fittings to do, have at it. brake fittings are interesting to say the least.:cool:

Just to add to the good info so far.If the master cyl. port doesn't work out you will need a "brake switch tee" 3/16"x 3/16" x 1/8" npt.
Should be a shelf item at some auto parts stores along with the switch. :) mike

Turns out the switch does screw right in to the bottom of the master cylinder. Ignore the test wires, but it works perfect!

which brake set does this tie into? front or back?

Hard to say.. I'm out of town now, and wont be able to look till next week. It screws in to the bottom port, which I think is actually not a part of either the front or back, but the plunger. Could be wrong, I will look when I get back.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks