Build Thread 1951 CJ3A rebirth

Build Thread 1951 CJ3A rebirth
Boxes have turned up ..I found a local bloke
In these boxes is grease paper wrapped parts ...
must save the wrapping it's new old stock the needle bearings say 1951
Unfortunately he didn't realise I needed even more parts .. so I'm waiting on box number two ..
getting into the paint side today

Lookin good! And I must commend you on the "spray booth" - looks like you decorated it :poke: LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well it's been a while ... why can't my boss realise I e got a jeep to build and stop sending me to work .
Progress happened .. boxes arrived (seems I'm getting stuff every second day)
All the gears are back in the transfer case plus new cone bearings and races, shimmed it up needed 40 thou that's not to bad ..

Now a tip .. when reassembling your spicer 18 transfer case with drum handbrake .., don't forget the handbrake lever like I did ..it just gets annoying

2nd tip before sticking in the oil seal make sure you have the speedo drive in .. ended up redoing the shims and cleaning them down before they could be reinstalled

No more errors occoured transfer case has been reinstalled.
Now more issue PO had ovetightened the living **** outa the sump bolts bending the sump horriably ..some panel beating has fixed this issue . New bolts .. couldn't get right length so had to shorten some and file them in the lath .. regasketed and reinstalled .

Now more issues fuel line .. with some modification of the lines I was able to repair the leaking rubber hose in Bly to find that the steel flarenut fitting had been cracked when it was flared by the PO .. damn his Amature meddling

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks