Winter Wonderland

Winter Wonderland

BusaDave9

Always Off-Roading Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 Jeep CJ5 with 304 V8, T18 Transmission, Dana 20 Transfer case with TeraLow 3:1 gears, 4.88 axle gears, Detroit Locker up front and Ox Locker in back with 1 piece axle shafts, 36" SuperSwamper SX Tires, Shackle reversal, MileMarker Hydraulic winch, MSD 6A ignition.
Our first real snow came as a storm dumping well over a foot of snow. This is what I have been waiting for.
I took the CJ out and found a road that didn't really go anywhere. I love breaking the virgin snow.
07CJinthesnow.jpg

Koda, my dog loves playing in the snow.
13Kodainthesnow.jpg

20Kodainthesnow.jpg

Here's my '79 CJ5
21CJinthesnow.jpg

25Kodainthesnow.jpg

44CJinthesnow.jpg

Then I headed home. The rest of these pictures were shot on my property.
46Kodainthesnow.jpg

In the summer I often sit in a lawn chair to read or talk on the phone about where Koda is in the above picture (I get better cell coverage there).
Then me and Koda climbed the hill behind my house.
50Kodainthesnow.jpg

48Kodainthesnow.jpg

Near the top of the hill I took this next shot.
54.jpg

Now I just wanted to sit in front of the fire to warm up, dry off and have a doppelbock.
Some may call me crazy but I love winter.
Fireplace7_8_9_Painterly4.jpg

Fireplace4_5_6_Painterly4.jpg

Fireplace1_2_3_Grunge.jpg

All of the above fireplace pictures were created with HDR software.

Great pics thanks for sharing them, at least it looks like Christmas down there.

Super Nice!

So with higher elevations comes less oxygen, is that what's effecting the fireplace? :D

:dung:, it's raining here. :( snow would be so much better.

Thanks for sending those in Dave, but I had to look up and see what a Doppelbock was. Years ago I tried to run the Alpine loop and Black Bear during May and the snow was just too deep. I do look forward to a return trip though.

Super Nice!

So with higher elevations comes less oxygen, is that what's effecting the fireplace? :D

No, it's the High Dynamic Range that's affecting my fireplace you seen in these pictures. :rolleyes:
I live at 7141 feet. The altitude doesn't seem to affect my fires or my carb. (carb was set for sea level when I bought the CJ and it ran fine for me)

Thanks for sending those in Dave, but I had to look up and see what a Doppelbock was. Years ago I tried to run the Alpine loop and Black Bear during May and the snow was just too deep. I do look forward to a return trip though.
You'll have to join us for the 3rd Annual Jeep-CJ.com Trail ride in late August.
The Alpine Loop doesn't open until late May or early June.
Black Bear Pass doesn't open until about the beginning of July.

BTW the dopplebock is my beer of choice for winter evenings in front of the fire.
:chug:

12411d1355710208-winter-wonderland-snow-lawn-table-medium-.jpg

We got about 18 inches total.
A full sized Buick when into the ditch in front of my house. I used my CJ to pull it out with my winch.
As I was pulling I told the guy to turn the wheel to help direct the car. I pulled the car out of the ditch. It coasted accross the road and into the opposite ditch before the guy could hop in and apply the brakes. Opps :eek: One more tug and the car was free. :chug:

That's awesome looking. Hope ur enjoying it. How long does it usually last up here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our first real snow came as a storm dumping well over a foot of snow. This is what I have been waiting for.
I took the CJ out and found a road that didn't really go anywhere. I love breaking the virgin snow.
07CJinthesnow.jpg

Koda, my dog loves playing in the snow.
13Kodainthesnow.jpg

20Kodainthesnow.jpg

Here's my '79 CJ5
21CJinthesnow.jpg

25Kodainthesnow.jpg

44CJinthesnow.jpg

Then I headed home. The rest of these pictures were shot on my property.
46Kodainthesnow.jpg

In the summer I often sit in a lawn chair to read or talk on the phone about where Koda is in the above picture (I get better cell coverage there).
Then me and Koda climbed the hill behind my house.
50Kodainthesnow.jpg

48Kodainthesnow.jpg

Near the top of the hill I took this next shot.
54.jpg

Now I just wanted to sit in front of the fire to warm up, dry off and have a doppelbock.
Some may call me crazy but I love winter.
Fireplace7_8_9_Painterly4.jpg

Fireplace4_5_6_Painterly4.jpg

Fireplace1_2_3_Grunge.jpg

All of the above fireplace pictures were created with HDR software.
Koda looks like a Shepard?

No tumble weeds here, too many Post Oaks (these are trees that don't have sap that burns and give the deer acorns to eat) and water that is still flowing!

I have to give it y'all the folks that live up in the high country, WAAAYYY too much work for me just to get the kids off to school! I spent the winter of 2000-2001 in Oologah, ok. Liked to have froze to death!

I will take my wild hogs and playing horseshoes in shorts after Christmas Dinner, thank you very much!

This won't be too expensive Dear! That's what I keep saying. Over and over again.

Wild hogs!!!!! I've been looking to get me some. None out here though.

Consider yourself lucky.......
There have been at least 100 shot/caught on the place I hunt in the last year and it hasn't put a dent in them. When hunting last year with my then 6yo son, I waited till they lined up and dropped three with one shot of the .270 ballistic silver tip bullet. He thought that was pretty cool, I thought it was an ammo savings! A friend was hunting about a half mile away that afternoon and shot two. I got two more on the way out of the pasture. Yes, that's seven and it was in less than one hour!

Damn things are worse than fire ants, we have the privilege of those too! But I will never have to worry about whether or not the snow blower will crank!

This won't be too expensive Dear! That's what I keep saying. Over and over again.

Haha well if you ever need another gunny let me know I've considered driving to beaumont. I'm looking for pork meat, to try and save a little $.

I know and have been told there gamey but I can work with that. And I would consider deer but the wife won't eat it, bad past experience.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks