Misc. Winch Anchors on the beach?

Misc. Winch Anchors on the beach?

Muddler

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
CJ7 ‘85
New owner of a CJ-7 on Cape Cod and it has a winch. I will be driving it on the beach and dunes of Provincetown and Nauset. Does anyone use a winch anchor in the sand?. Are they worth it and do they work in beach sand? I’ve been driving on the beach in the past various 4WD jeeps and trucks but never owned a vehicle with a winch before.

Absent an anchor point, I have dug a hole and buried my spare tire to anchor onto, along with the Hi-lift behind it. Of course you need your folding shovel with you. Don't knock it, it worked!

anchor.jpg

But an anchor is really better. The "RedRock Ground Anchor" is a good one I've seen in use with a friend. It folds down and is more compact to carry with you. The "Sand Anchor" from Bushwinch is a highly rated one, but more expensive. I also believe Smittybuilt has one as well.

Absent an anchor point, I have dug a hole and buried my spare tire to anchor onto, along with the Hi-lift behind it. Of course you need your folding shovel with you. Don't knock it, it worked!

View attachment 76354

But an anchor is really better. The "RedRock Ground Anchor" is a good one I've seen in use with a friend. It folds down and is more compact to carry with you. The "Sand Anchor" from Bushwinch is a highly rated one, but more expensive. I also believe Smittybuilt has one as well.
very innovative

That big a hole these days I would go to H Depot and pick up a couple of dudes looking for work. :D But if I was hanging out in the sand much I would use a good size Danforth and some heavy chain to keep It low. Really though I think a Jeep is pretty light so wide tires and sand boards are your friend

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks