Who owns what year?

Who owns what year?
At 54, I don't consider myself old yet, as I can outwork many of the younger folks- maybe it's just a mental thing. I just take longer to get started and use a more steady pace. At least that what my wife says.:rolleyes:

I have tried through curiosity, to find just how many Jeep CJ's are left in the United States- still in good working order and registered. All my searches have been dead ends. It would be interesting to know. We would then know the years as well.

1979 CJ7 Olivergreen Tractor Paint

Dad's 1960 Willys Allis Chambers Orange

Nick

Attachments

• CJ hill climbresize.jpg
    CJ hill climbresize.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 369
  • cj52.jpeg
    cj52.jpeg
    26.3 KB · Views: 346
:D
We Old Farts.

We’re called Old Farts by the naive young,
with no more thought from where we’ve come.

We grew up without computers, no I-pods, no video games;
Our time was spent with family and we even knew the neighbors names.

We raised our kids on morals disappearing today,
“Yes sir”, “Yes mam”, and “Thank You” was common to say.

We took no money that wasn’t earned, even if we were poor,
We’d work our fingers to the bone, if we needed more.

We didn’t run up a heavy debt for things we “wanted“,
we saved and waited until we had cash, for what we “needed”.

Our ideas and perseverance paved the way,
for all of the comforts the young have today.

We died in wars, we lived with honor,
we still believed in the Heavenly Father.

If life has taught us anything - it’s smarts,
we know the young today, will soon become “old farts“.

By Walter. (McConell)

I have a 79 ! ;)

I think this is great, but I say thank you all the time... I had to put my "manners" in my back pocket... I am not old, but I am not young.

I have to say, the one thing that I dislike most about my wife is that she rarely says thank you and never says I'm sorry... we were raised at the same time relatively, there is like 10 months between us, but I was drilled and drilled about saying thank you and please and sorry. So was my sister. A lot of my friends weren't and it is funny to see it and by funny I mean sad...

cb

At 54, I don't consider myself old yet, as I can outwork many of the younger folks- maybe it's just a mental thing. I just take longer to get started and use a more steady pace. At least that what my wife says.:rolleyes:

I have tried through curiosity, to find just how many Jeep CJ's are left in the United States- still in good working order and registered. All my searches have been dead ends. It would be interesting to know. We would then know the years as well.

I have been kicking the idea around of a Jeep Registry. I own a Mopar Muscle car and I am part of the Galens registry. For those of you who don't know, you basically send in your VIN, pay some money, get a nice sheet of paper that says that from what he knows, your car isn't stolen, he decodes the vin, does a few things... not too bad.

I always was curious how many 76 CJ5's were out there, so I then thought, what the heck, why not expand?

Who's coming with me?

cb

oh :dung:, my Jeeps... I got so caught up in the thread saying thank you, I didn't have time to list them

My list...
'76 CJ-5
'76 CJ-7 SOLD
'85 CJ-7 SOLD
'76 CJ-5 WIFEY'S
'95 Wrangler... sacrificed for the tub to use on the 78
'85 CJ-7 ROTTED, parted out
'78 CJ-7/Scrambler (available for the right price)

So many more parts selling and trading... Jeeps are just a way of life for me.

cb

I think this is great, but I say thank you all the time... I had to put my "manners" in my back pocket... I am not old, but I am not young.

I have to say, the one thing that I dislike most about my wife is that she rarely says thank you and never says I'm sorry... we were raised at the same time relatively, there is like 10 months between us, but I was drilled and drilled about saying thank you and please and sorry. So was my sister. A lot of my friends weren't and it is funny to see it and by funny I mean sad...

cb
Some times I drive people nuts because of saying thank you and also using Sir and Maam.

Like you, it was drilled into me and also because I grew up when that was the correct way to address others.
I have a friend who lives quite a long way fro me, she always used to jump on me when I said no, yes, thank you... 'Maam'. Now she understands that it is just a sign of respect and I say it to anyone, as long as I respect them... She now thinks the world of my manners...

I have been kicking the idea around of a Jeep Registry. I own a Mopar Muscle car and I am part of the Galens registry. For those of you who don't know, you basically send in your VIN, pay some money, get a nice sheet of paper that says that from what he knows, your car isn't stolen, he decodes the vin, does a few things... not too bad.

I always was curious how many 76 CJ5's were out there, so I then thought, what the heck, why not expand?

Who's coming with me?

cb
I think that would be great. I would be happy to get my VIN entered if I could figure out where I left my VIN plate!

Get it from your registration. I can decode the VIN for you if you want.

1. Way to go Wally! 2. 1945 MB(sold) 3.1948 CJ2a(sold) 4.1975 CJ5(sold) 5.1978 CJ7(sold) 6.1981 CJ5(sold) 7.1983 CJ8 8.1967M-725 9.1988 Wrangler

79 CJ5 that we saved from a field and love it. its a project for the wife and i.

Just added a '83 CJ7 to the stable.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom