Which t-case fits a t-5

Unfortunately yes. Without adapters only the Dana 300 will mate to a T5.
Fortunately the D300 is an excellent TCase. The T5 on the other hand is a light duty tranny.
Now if you call up Advanced Adapters or Novak they can sell you adapters to mate up all kinds of tcases to trannies. But they don't make any adapters for the T5 because it is so light duty.

Check out this link: The Borg-Warner T4 & T5 Jeep Transmissions - Novak Conversions
Here is what Novak has to say about the T5:
Novak said:
Because of the weaknesses of this transmission, we do not make adapter assemblies to join it to other transfer cases.

If you are having trouble with the Dana 300 I say find another Dana 300.

Last edited:
I would like to switch my 3spd tranny for a 4 or 5 speed.
My jeep is a 1978 CJ 7 what tranny would work?

I would like to switch my 3spd tranny for a 4 or 5 speed.
My jeep is a 1978 CJ 7 what tranny would work?
Welcome to the site Geno.
I would recommend a Jeep T18 four speed (not a ford T18)
It should be an easy bolt in swap.
If you would like more information feel free to start a new thread. Your questions may get lost in this thread about a T5.

Try this link and press the button on the left that says "New Thread" Any and ALL Aftermarket Parts and Additions - Engine, Transmission, Differentials at Jeep-CJ.com

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks