Body Where to purchase soft top?

Body Where to purchase soft top?

ColoradoDerek

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'73 CJ5, AMC 360, D30, D20, T150, AMC 20
Hello.

I have a 76 CJ5 with a roll bar attached to it that doesn't seem to be part of the stock set up? (does anyone know if it was stock or if someone added this to this jeep at some point?)
I attached a picture where you can see the roll bar on my jeep.
My question(s) are, where can I buy a soft top set up for this jeep with this roll bar attached to it?
I'd like at least a top, a back (wind breaker?) and the bottom half of the doors, soft or hard for the doors to get started. Ideally I'll eventually get an entire soft body where it covers everything.

If this will work that would be great (hopefully I can just buy pieces at a time from this site) but the pictures suggest there is no roll bar and I'm just not sure if it would affect how it fits. Most of these pictures suggest it attaches directly to the fold-down front window.

I just need to get something to block the sun and the windbreaker thing I want to possibly stop dust from coming in although not sure it will be a huge help if I have half doors (lol).

Any help getting me in the right direction would be appreciated.
It's almost warm enough again for me to drive this baby around off-road for the first time, I'm getting super excited!
Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_3097.JPG
    IMG_3097.JPG
    216.7 KB · Views: 37
Bestop fits. Your roll-bar doesn't look too high. There are a lot of dealers out there. Even the Evil Amazon

So you think the same top that would fit this Jeep without a roll bar will fit it with it? That would be great. I’ve reached out to bestop but have not heard back from them yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that a Bestop SuperTop will fit too. If you look through the rear, driver window of the image that you linked for the listing you can see the two frame beams that hold the soft top in place. You can see how the front one goes forward and above of the stock roll bar. I think yours will have enough clearance.

I spoke with bestop and they claim it won’t fit due to being a custom roll cage and they only make items for stock stuff.

It’s possible it will fit but that’s too much $$ for a “maybe” hehe.

They referred me to another local company that makes custom stuff so hopefully they can get me a bikini top and then I’ll just get some half doors and then at least I’m protected from the sun and.... have doors lol.

If the roll cage wasn’t there and the window was folded down in the front, there wouldn’t be anything for the top to attach to so I’m guessing it has it’s own “frame” per say and my money is on the roll cage blocking where that frame would have to go.

Hard to say when I can’t see stuff in person but that’s what it’s seeming like

If I'm understanding what you are saying, there is no frame in the front, the tops fit into a channel at the top of the windshield, whether a full top or bikini top. There is also a smaller top than the bikini, that goes from the windshield to the rollbar only. Can't remember what that one is called. I have one, but like the bikini better.

I thought The bikini only went from the windshield to the rollbar lol

That’s interesting to know about the channel on the windshield I will have to take a look at that and see if that’s what my windshield looks like

My 73 has a cage along withe pretty much everyone I know. Your windshield should be set up to accept a top. Measure from the floor to the top of the rear hoop. I will check mine which clears the top by 1"+

I'd purchase the rail/channel for the windshield and have a local upholsterer simply make you a bikini. It won't be difficult for them, once they have the channel. I see Belizean already said the same thing. I agree with him.

I thought The bikini only went from the windshield to the rollbar lol

Goes about a foot past the roll bar, and has a strap on each side for strapping down to the corner on each side. Use to be when you bought a new bikini top you would get 2 new I think they are called a footman or something like that.

It looks like I don’t have that channel on my windshield. I’m guessing that is what connects using those holes you can see in the second picture fading away?

You guys said I could buy one of those for my windshield or?

f5b5ec826a9fdb1fd93ef9aafe0ec6c2.jpg
748d2e137814e7e7eda40ba13368d1ec.jpg

Heck yeah!
I hope all the little parts I'll need are this reasonably priced!

I know they won't be though LOL.

Thank you for the link! It is much appreciated.
That does look like it will fit right on my jeep window.

I also believe the small hole at the end of your frame is for a snap (male) to screw into.

I also believe the small hole at the end of your frame is for a snap (male) to screw into.
100 % correct for soft top and bikini tops.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks