Where to bring and cost to repair a pair of hard yj uppers for my cj7

Where to bring and cost to repair a pair of hard yj uppers for my cj7

76cj7chick

Old Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1976 CJ7 Jeep with a engine/tranny/wiring harness out of a 1988 s10 blazer 4.3l v6 with th700r4 automatic tranny and a cj7 Dana 300 transfer case with Novak adapter.
Complete wiring harness from the s10 blazer. Painted with HOT PINK Pearl paint with standard sized metallic halographic pink flakes. Painted by me -a newb. New rear, front and side three wire LED lights, New parts, new custom dash-by me And a lot of guidance from fellow jeepers and lots of prayers etc.... :p
Hey all,
I bought a pair of really rough shape yj jeep doors for my CJ7 and half hard doors. (The uppers needs fiberglass, slider window work and needs weather stripping)... But the metal frames are in excellent condition. (I fixed a broken door clip on the half doors and they work great now)

Any ideas on where to take the uppers to get repaired? And any ideas on the cost? Thanks guys.

I see the uppers for sale on Craigslist all the time. I think it would be cheaper to find a good set then to try and fix yours.

Hmm. I'm not so lucky.. I looked for years and its very rare to find hard uppers in the Seattle area.

Any idea of the cost to repair? I may ask a couple of shops, just thought I'd ask the jeep forum to get an idea of the cost.
Thanks.

Can't say I've seen any around here on CL either. Took me about 3 months to find a good set of soft uppers. Most were already well worn

Yup.... :(

Any ideas on where and cost to repair fiberglass and sliders? Or make better? I like the metal frames they are in excellent shape. But the rest of the doors look pitiful. Lol.

Otherwise may sell/trade the hard uppers and hard lowers for a good set of full steel doors. But I would like to weigh my options and decide what I want hard full or hard half. I already have a pair of soft lowers..... So... Not sure..

I hope to hear from more of you guys...

I can't help you with the uppers but if it was me I would run the full doors in the winter and the half doors when the top comes off. But I live in a much colder climate. I wish you luck.

That's why I have the 1/2 hard doors. We just about didn't see winter this year. I only had the soft top on once and that was to try out the new used uppers I found a few months ago.

Thanks guys for your suggestions. I may check around to get estimates on how much it will cost to repair the hard uppers. ;)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks