Wheeling 6-1-19

Wheeling 6-1-19

Posi

Always Off-Roading Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
54 Willys 3B, FI 401, T-18, ARB Locked, Hinkey Sidewinder Winch
Wheeled a new trail Saturday with a new group. Ten rigs in the group and I was 3rd inline. It was a long day 11hrs 58 miles some asphalt.

My 3b preformed well and ran great all day. When we arrived at the hill obstacles the first 3 rigs went through without any problems however, the back 7 rigs turned into a 4 hr+ winchfest.

It's been raining a lot in the region and I was expecting some overgrowth on the trail. The entrance of the trail was a sheet of green and I didn't realize it was the trail until the lead Jeep went through. The video is 20ft into the trail. Enjoy!

(I found the location of the squeak and has been corrected.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R85vtv0rqkQ&feature=youtu.be

7ec52f18602ce96354651e926d129663.jpg

8a371823762f9f55a5b479f0741d53dc.jpg

7c65f4802a347df5d08f4044af6aaaf7.jpg

attachment.php

Last edited:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Cool. Nice pictures.
Also my kind of trail, slow and rocky.
Spring inside one of the hood catches making that noise ?

Cool. Nice pictures.
Also my kind of trail, slow and rocky.
Spring inside one of the hood catches making that noise ?

Thanks,
The noise was coming from the passenger seat privet brackets.

dude that looks so fun hopefully my truck sells today so i can get out there as well

Spring inside one of the hood catches making that noise?

Took me months to track that down on mine. Filled it with bearing grease and called it a day. Every time it rains, the fender gets messy, but that squeak is enough to make me jam knitting needles in my ears!

What where the rigs that couldn't make it up?

What where the rigs that couldn't make it up?

The Trooper and Suzuki pictured above, a JK Rubicon, and the rest tacos. All had 33” tires or larger. Some locked, some were not. The first 3, a JK, taco on 37”, and me on 33” locked.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks