What you use for a tow rig?

coldair

Full Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1986 cj7 in the works,
1996 F350 crew cab with a 5.9 cummins
What do you guys use for a tow rig? Lets see them!! :D

I'll start off this is what I use. Has the gas hog 460 with a zf5 trans, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears. soon to have a cummins 12 valve installed in it.

Attachments

• f-350.jpg
    f-350.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 482
Here is mine.

Truckpic1.jpg

O.O., 01.5, Dodge, 2500, High Output (H.O.) Cummins Turbo Diesel (245/505), Quad Cab Long Bed (QCLB), 4x4, Sport, Original Bosch VP 44 Injection Pump, 6 Speed/NV5600 Transmission, 3.55 Gears, 102k, currently stock engine, Fram Air Filter, 285/75R16s, Glow Shift Gauges: Fuel Pressure (FP), Boost, Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT), Oil Temperature, SMARTY@1, Airtex lift pump 19 psi @ idle, 14 psi @ WOT, Propane Injection, 2 Stroke Oil, Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Fooler = Better MPG, Bed Lined, Chrome Nerf Bars, more to come!!

Toyota Tacoma 2.7 l 4 cylinder. all in all I was impressed with this. If I pulled more I would want something bigger but for Texas it is OK. Colorado, mountains are a whole other ball game, it's a lot more work and no speed records will be set.:cool:

95 dodge 2500 with a gas hog 8L. V10, but it keeps up with the diesels going up hills.

Attachments

• IMG_2678_817x612.jpg
    IMG_2678_817x612.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 1,099

'78 Chevy with a 454 turbo400 and 4.10 gears
Since I have had it I have installed a RV Cam double roller timming chain fixed a valve in a head changed it from a standard trans to a auto. Also when I goy it it was brown with a cream color center so I repainted it Blue inside and out its a base coat clear coat that I wet sanded 3 times starting with 600grit and ending with 2000grit and then buffed and polished out so its as smooth as glass. Took me a hole winter to do it

My 5.0 Mountaineer handles the CJ tow fine. It has a factory tow package and I added progressive electric trailer breaking and a little powerdyne supercharger... ;)

on_the_trailer_1.jpg

Here's mine. 2009 Ram 3500. Up and down the Mountains of Colorado, factory exhaust break is a huge plus.

Pretty interesting to see the diffrent rigs we use.

I'll have to sniff around for a picture....but I've got an 06 Ram 2500, reg. cab long bed. Yep -- It's got a Hemi. :D

I wouldn't be too upset if it had a Cummins, though.

Haven't towed my jeep with it yet, but a 98 Chevy 1500 suburban with the 5.7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aqy2uge3.jpg

The only picture I have is the rear end but its a 06 f350 crew cab
6.0 4wd we have even slept in it.
Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

aqy2uge3.jpg

The only picture I have is the rear end but its a 06 f350 crew cab
6.0 4wd we have even slept in it.

Oooo, now I'm jealous.. you know, we make it to Panama City, for a little vaca every couple yrs.. be cool to "hook" up..;)

Come on down

Coldair,

Still have a 2008 Super Duty, diesel. (did I spell that right?) I have a tendency to forget the CJ is back there sometimes. I have to look at the fuel gauge as a reminder.

'95 Superduty with a 7.3l PS.

f450_2%20004-L.jpg

2013 Lincoln MkT. AWD, Ecoboost (365 HP).

18+MPG towing, 24 MPG not towing.

I tow a boat with it also.

Driving the two is like Night and Day. The Lincoln has Every avialable Techno feature: Voice command, etc. Your hands never have to leave the steering wheel for anything (audio, climate control, speed, phone/texts-nothing).

The Jeep? Well, it's as BASIC as it gets. The ONLY Electronics on board are the Delco HEI distributor-That's it! It "Hands On" from that point.

Plus, I actually have an activity for my left foot (Clutch).;)

Will post pic.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks