What type of Racing do You Like?

What type of Racing do You Like?

Peanut Butter

Full Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 Jeep CJ7 TH400 Automatic 258 I6 Quadratrac Amc 20 rear & Dana 30 front, 32 x 11.5 x 15 tires. Currently a Complete Custom Rebuild in progress.

Also I own a 2001 Jeep Cherokee, White, all stock with 4.0L. automatic, and police package. Best part of that is it came with leather seats! This package also has the NP242 Transfer Case, 8.25 rear end, and trailer towing package.
I'm a really big NASCAR fan. Bee to a couple of Bush Series Races when we lived in Colorado, so that was a few years ago. Hoping to go to Texas Motor Speedway for a whole weekend of NASCAR on day. But I also like the Indy 500. Well this weekend my son-in-law got a couple of tickes to a Formula One race in Austin. So we went. It was fun. Here are a couple of pictures:
FormulaOne020_zpsac2a01ea.png

FormulaOne012_zps6cb2e6a2.png

We had great seats. Here is a web link to the race site: Circuit of The Americas - Home of the Formula 1 US Grand Prix | Nov. 15-17 2013 | Austin TX

So what do you like? Rod

The day to day "rat race" is about the only one I spectate/participate in.

For road racing I prefer motorcycle racing. Nothing wrong with those four wheeled contraptions but always sit flat on the track. They need to be close to the ground but that means they can't have very much suspension travel. They may not need much travel but if you are going well over 100 mph you'll see just how uneven the track is.
I like the leaning and weight shifting of motorcycles.
DSC_0325.jpg

P20090510195338484.jpg

valentino-rossi-catalunya-03.jpg

That's the stuff I enjoy watching. :D

I like Nascar quite bit. I have spent a few weekends at TMS myself. Those campgrounds come alive at night, lol.

I like interstate and US route racing. You know, the kind you do on the way home. ;)
No I'd have to say motocross trips my trigger the most.

For road racing I prefer motorcycle racing. Nothing wrong with those four wheeled contraptions but always sit flat on the track. They need to be close to the ground but that means they can't have very much suspension travel. They may not need much travel but if you are going well over 100 mph you'll see just how uneven the track is.

I like the leaning and weight shifting of motorcycles.​

I've never seen a motorcycle race before, but I have to admit there is something about going fast really low to the ground.

By-the-way, the formula one cars at the Austin track hit 280 mph on the front straight. :censored: Man that's Fast! Rod

Always been a fan of NASCAR.

Baja racing. I got to actually do it a few times and it's got to be hands down the most fun you can have on 4 wheels.

My favorite is off road such as Dakar, Crandon Raceway, KOH races, rock racing, Baja, mud racing.

I also like motorcycle (off road, stadium racing, road course, flat track oval, and hill climbs), rally races, rallycross, world of outlaw sprint cars, local dirt track, radio controlled truck races, Nascar, truck and tractor pulls......

I have actually never watched what you would call sports, none of them, they are boring.

MMM....Mud...

LittleDoo.jpg

That's me in my Scooter haulin' it. :chug:

If it involves wheels and/or an engine, I'm usually a fan. Sports car racing is my real passion but I also love off-road (Dakar, Baja), Trophy Trucks, motorcycles (WSBK, MotoGP, AMA anything), dirtbikes, quads, BMX, sprint boats, downhill mountain biking... I could keep going but you get the idea. I just love going FAST!

I will have to say sports car racing...

It's also my day job. :chug:

Well, sir, color me jealous! What is it that you do? I'm an aspiring driver, though I doubt I'll ever make it to the top tier levels...

F1 grand Prix on TV. would never want watch a race in person cause you can't see enough of the track but would love to get a pit pass.

I think Nascar is a stroke of marketing genius, set in the stands and see the whole track.I predict that 20 years from now NASCAR drivers will all be female and look good in a Bikini!!;)

I just prefer racing that involves left and right turns with a few gear changes, sudden acceleration and deceleration. Having an almost unlimited budget to build the car and very few tech restrictions make them the fastest cars that are allowed to make turns.:D Try watching the Grand Prix of Monaco and you will be hooked.:popcorn:

+1 on the monaco thing, i love road course racing of any kind on tv, in person i like short track stock car racing and old school standard drag racing, i grew up in okc and went to thunder valley raceway park in slaughterville oklahoma alot, theres some guys there that run what may still be called the lucas oil outlaw class, it was no restriction drag racing, only rules were working doors and safety regs (couldnt have a pop top or a rail car) they commonly passed a full 1/4 mile in under 7.00, the admin had to cut the runs to 1/8th mile after someone made a sickening pass at 6.74 i think and ended up going all the way to the sand pit, it was just too much for the track, not enough run out room, the trap speeds were approaching 300mph if i remember correctly, last time i went i saw a pass at 4.16 in the 1/8th mile. remember these are cars with working doors, some of them are technically street legal.

sportbikes and nascar, but deff love me some featherlite modifieds!

I like the leaning and weight shifting of motorcycles.

Now why is this not at all surprising, Busa ;-)
Do you race too, or just watch?

Yep IO, Grand Prix rocks. Grew up watching it. I like Motocross too. I also like non-motorized sports as well: Swimming, Track, Cycling, even Dog Sledding... most anything you could make into an Olympic Sport.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom