What is this color?????

What is this color?????

Carolinafan58

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5 304, T176 w/ Dana 300 twin stick, firecracker red with tan top.
I know its hard to tell the true color on a computer but this is the only pic i can find. i have downloaded every paint swatch from 76-84 and still can't seem to figure it out. My dad swears his friend had a cj this color. i think he said '79 but I'm not sure. The color is a olive drabish, brownish metallic color.I just found a sweet 78 CJ5 with tailgate that still has original wheels on it. no lift just bone stock. Except paint. it was a burgundy color. then apparently belonged to the sea-bees, then painted black. I'm planning on going back to damn near factory with it. just making mods that were common back then. (bumper, console, 1'' body, probably a t5 cause it has a 258 and will be my daily. :drool: ... i digress.. olive drabish, brownish metallic. Help me guru's :noteworthy: i will now attempt to attach a photo of it.

Attachments

• feathers1.jpg
    feathers1.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 417
That is AMC paint code 7E, oak leaf brown. If you look on your VIN plate, the one on the firewall by the the steering column, your paint code is listed there.

1978 Color Codes - Jeep Paint Cross-Reference

I know this, because my CJ is oak leaf brown

1013101539.jpg

So Elwood you have made me begin to dig for mine...no paint websites I can find have paint codes for the 80's era CJ...I have red and there are so many varieties
...some I really don't like...any idea?

Sponge, what is your paint code?

I will be down at my dads this weekend and let you know. When I reprinted last time I told the paint supplier I wanted Jeep red and it was perfect...:)

Thanks! Is it a metallic or regular paint? If I get a chance tomorrow I will put all of those paint codes in a post. So y'all can add it to the data base if you want. They are scans of the pamphlet from AMC.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom