What did you do to your jeep today?

What did you do to your jeep today?
the new tachometer works, silly thing does not have a replaceable light bulb, this will be a problem one day, the immediate disappointment is not being able to have a red light to match the rest of the gauges. the rocker guards/ steps are on and look good, I even put non slip in strategic locations. now I would like to know why the new fuel sending unit gave it up before I ever put fuel in new tank. With luck the soft top hardware will be completely installed today/this weekend.

Changed the erl, filter, and tossed in a k&n filter trying to get a few extra mpg!

Today, I replaced the interior temperature control cable and inspected/lubed the other cables (heat/defrost & heat/vent). It still is a major pull to get the fresh air vent open, but I don't really expect to need that much. My CJ has plenty of fresh air.

Today, I replaced the interior temperature control cable and inspected/lubed the other cables (heat/defrost & heat/vent). It still is a major pull to get the fresh air vent open, but I don't really expect to need that much. My CJ has plenty of fresh air.

Chain lube like you use on a motorcycle makes great cable lube and comes in aerosol form!

We got over a foot of snow last night so I took my YJ out jeepin today.
I had a blast!:D I don't care who don't like them, I love my little 2.5 YJ:yj:

Attachments

• snow day 2 006.jpg
    snow day 2 006.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 59
Extended the rock sliders on my TJ today. Here in California we have rocks and more rocks. My sliders are home brew stuff and after about four years I added a bar that sticks out about three inches and tomarrow I shall add a coat of rattle can black paint...MATT

I hit a milestone in Truck Norris today. I finally hit 60K original miles...

60K.jpg
60k.com

I figured I'd take off my studded tires and put the summer tires on my 1990 YJ. When I got to the drivers front, I noticed the u-joint was ready to fall out.
Funny it never made any noise:confused:
Took me the rest on the day to track down parts and get it back together. I also treated the ol girl to an oil and filter change, as well as replacing the air filter.

Replaced both u-joints in the rear drive shaft and changed the fluid in the transmission and the tranfer.

I had a visitor while working on the YJ. See the photos.

Attachments

• visitor 001.jpg
    visitor 001.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 58
  • visitor 002.jpg
    visitor 002.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 52
I tested the drive-train.

rocks2.jpg

rocks1.jpg

And then for a swim

swimming.jpg

Put on a new Replace-a-top and new front seats.

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 42
cleaned it up getting ready to sell it =(. i'll be putting it in the classifieds so keep an eye out for it.

Cut the bolt heads off that hold my roll bar in and removed the bar and seats. Preparing to fix the floors and rear cargo area.

Well, tried to change out the windshield gasket/seal and cowl gasket. However, since I rec'd the wrong one from the company I ordered from, not going to happen this weekend. :mad:

Cut my drivers side floor out and some braces. Hopefully will get on some frame cleanup tomorrow and welding a new body support on.

Well, I finally got tired of the Weber 32/36 and yanked it off. Put the stock YF back on and I'm not looking back.
Don't know why it (the YF) leaked gas when I put on after the rebuild but it don't leak no more..
Had to take it apart and blow out all the accelerator pump stuff and got it working too.
No more black stinky smoke and no more choking on raw fuel on decel either.
Not counting on my MPG going up though! :LOL:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks