What did you do to or with your CJ today?

What did you do to or with your CJ today?
Removed the front and rear leaf springs and started cleaning the diffs for paint.

[pbvid]http://vid20.photobucket.com/albums/b239/packrat169/74%20CJ%205/misc%20videos/SANY0173.flv[/pbvid]

Edit: Fixed it for ya, just embed the URL, not the complete tag - edit this and take a look at the code -CJ

OK where are you getting that code from? I cant find it!

Last edited:
I think mlcj5 is smarter than the rest of us. Mudding looks like more fun than what I do with my jeep, work on it!:D

Finally made a dent in some much needed work, plenty more to do, but it's a start. Pulled the manual steering to start the PS upgrade, finally fully installed and wired the winch, installed the HD shackles.

old stuff torn out
001bfl.jpg

Started installing the pump, the gear box is in. Now just waiting for the lines to get here.
002xpj.jpg

Winch wiring.
002xpj.jpg

004esz.jpg

Shackles installed.
005uaf.jpg

Winch plate trimmed and finally bolted down and wired.
006age.jpg

That looks great! You won't know what to do with that power steering!

Did you make that front bumper? It looks mighty nice... :)

That looks great! You won't know what to do with that power steering!

Did you make that front bumper? It looks mighty nice... :)

:D That manual steering may be the reason my shoulders are junk! It has caused some interesting moments when wheeling.....very interesting.....:censored: Got the bumper fom a guy on ebay that makes them. I had him do this one to custon length.

I just ordered the Monster tie rod and drag link with new ends and bushings. That should finish the steering upgrade.

Looks great! I was going to get that one but decided on SRC since I'm going to have it powder coated myself.

It will be great not to have to worry about a bend drag link any more... Won't it? :)

Yeah, I have allways had the stock links on this jeep, and have bent them more than once. This round. when I got under it to do inventory of repairs, I just didn't like the way they looked. Their getting tired and rusty, and big tires and weak steering parts are a recipe for a no good situation. I have decided to convert to power brakes as well, and am ordering the pre bent SS lines tonight, and a buddy of mine has a part out with the master, vac can, and prop valve in good order he'll let me have for $20. I just finished pulling the intake and header to install a new intake that has the mounting holes for the PS bracket. I'll paint up the new parts tomorrow and get them in, then all I need for the PS conversion are the lines, which are on the way. Then on to the brake gut.

Got the linkage straightened out for my Mc2100.
mc2100linkage.png

Attachments

• mc2100 linkage.jpg
    mc2100 linkage.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
Got the linkage straightened out for my Mc2100.
That's weird. I wonder why the image didn't create a thumbnail in your post? Hmm... :confused:

Edit: Weird - it created a thumbnail for me... :confused::confused:

Attachments

• mc2100linkage.jpg
    mc2100linkage.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 244
I was editing it. :)
Hmm... Still doesn't explain why yours says 'Attached Images' and mine says 'Attached Thumbnails' and it didn't make a thumbnail for your attachment???

I've never seen that before... :)

I think it was just timng. Originally I was posting as an attachment. Then I decided to hst on photobucket. Make sense? :confused:

Did 2 pair of d-rings with isolators and the rear shocks. The fronts were on back order. If you squint hard enough you can see the last ime these shocks will ever be white. :)
drings.png

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks