What are the BEST replacement bulbs?

What are the BEST replacement bulbs?

kickitandholdit

Old Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'53 CJ3B
I have seen the hid converson and blah blah blah but what are the best lights $ can buy to replace the headlights? I dont want to do a bunch of fabricating and im not interested in halo type junk. :chug:

Wagner was making a "brite light", was sold all over, not sure if they still make them, they where remarkabaly brighter than a standard halogen, I think they sold for around $12 a piece. They are a standard glass diffused headlamp, just brighter. I think I still have a jeep that has them in there (non cj-6054 rectangle bulb).

If you want to spend some money, you can get Hella Glass repalacments and upgrade to an 80-100watt bulb (check with your local DOT). They run H3 or H4 bulbs of different wattages, so you just replace the filament assembly, but not the glass part. Ive got a set buried somewhere for my CJ, Im also running 80-100w bulbs in everything. They call them "off road" bulbs.

Those would be almost twice the light of the standard halogen bulb, without going to a HID conversion. Not sure what you are looking to light up and exactly what "halo junk" is as described ?

Bosch or Hella glass H4 replacement lenses with sylvania silverstar bulbs. To get the full effect and protect your wiring I'd also switch to a relay setup off the battery that uses stock headlight plug to trigger the relays.

You can build your own harness or get one pre-made which makes it a plug and play install.
Low beams have a great upper cut off and hi beams look like offroad flood light.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks