Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1970 CJ-5
Buick 231 Engine
1.5" Lift
32" Tires
Holley System
Hey everybody!

I just bought at 1970 CJ5 for only $1000!!! whoooo!!!

Got it running for just another $500!!!! whooo!!!

Only problem is, my fiancée lost the title to the jeep.....and I have no idea where the VIN number is located. I've researched a bit and read that it might be somewhere on the right dash, but I don't remember seeing it, and its DEFINITELY not on the windshield like the newer cars are...

I can't get it registered OR get insurance on it until I can get this dang VIN, so any and all help is much appreciated!

Thank you so much in advance for all help!!

The dashboard VIN sticker is normally off the left side of the steering wheel. It would be pretty easy to see (if you have one for that year). Its the yellow sticker on the left side of the dash in this pic.
74JeepCJ-5004.jpg
Did you look under the hood? On the left side of the firewall is a metal tag with your VIN stamped in it.
5a0aeae4.png
Other than that, it MIGHT be stamped into the frame under the right side fender (mine is).
d4de1ab2.png
Another spot I have heard about is stamped into the frame over the right side REAR tire somewhere. Might be hard to see with the body on it tho.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks