Victoria BC to Death Valley

Victoria BC to Death Valley

Christopher

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
~1977 CJ5~
258, Dana 20 case, Dana 30 front, AMC 20 Rear.
So, I'm posting this for two main reasons.

If you see our Mighty CJ5 broken down along the way, stop and say hi!

Or, if you frequent the Death Valley Area and want to show us around your stomping ground, we'd be all over that.

We are planning on taking about four days to drive to Death Valley, and then hanging around there for three or four days before continuing to Chandler AZ to visit the folks.

We will be at Furnace Creek on March 29th.

Our rig looks like this:

IMG_1580_zpsroqybjgz.jpg

IMG_1584_zpsukichrzg.jpg

Since those pics were taken, I've put on new springs,

IMG_1668_zps6vxrqxvh.jpg

I've also mounted a big ol Warn 8274 winch on the front, and jacked up the Tajmahal (tent trailer).

We are on 31" tires, and open/open, and not looking to destroy the jeep, but do like trail rides!! We carry the usual trail junk, shovel, fire ax, Jack-all, Full size spare, etc, etc.

Anyhow, if you've got some advice for us, or want to show us around let me know. I've always wanted to head down to that country, and know that in a full year of exploring, we couldn't see it all.

We are really looking forward to getting the jeep dusty. Early each summer for the past few years we've headed out on road trips, and are looking forward to this much longer trip!

Gratuitous Jeep road trip pics!!

IMG_1893_zps38c15e5e.jpg

SAM_VidCap-1_zpsba4f3ed5.jpg

IMG_1997_zpsdfa9ee4b.jpg

IMG_0745_zps364567fd.jpg

If you zoom in on the left of the image, you can see the jeep inside the abandoned gold mine.
IMG_1504_zps3xe0rwnp.jpg

Last edited:
For your journey thru the valley of death I would suggest a National Geographics map. It seems to be the best one I have found so far. Keep an eye on the weather also, it does get a bit hot out there. Google Earth can help you plan your trip, a trip thru the visitor center, and all the internet info you can get.

Just a nudge as we get closer to heading down, in case anyone wants to show us around!! Haha! The Jeep and trailer are pretty much ready, just waiting on odds and ends, and the fridge to arrive!

I'm pretty excited to spend some time behind the wheel watching the countryside change as we drive along.

IMG_1691_zpsnw18dwzq.jpg

IMG_1685_zpstlylyqza.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks