Turn Signal Problems

Turn Signal Problems

BrianLowman

Jeeper
Thanks
I switched my steering wheel column on a 86 CJ7 and now when I turn on a turn signal the front turn signal lights and dash turn lights are reversed from what I did and what the rear turn signal lights indicate. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

I switched my steering wheel column on a 86 CJ7 and now when I turn on a turn signal the front turn signal lights and dash turn lights are reversed from what I did and what the rear turn signal lights indicate. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard! Hope you hang around.... it's a great site...

Sounds like the connections in the connector on the column have a couple pins reversed from the original. I'd have to look at the schematic, but I would bet the rear turn signal connectors are the same, but the left / right pins for the front and dash are reversed from what you had. Only way to find out is to pull the connector off the column, pull the connectors out and swap octions nd see if the fixes it.

Thanks so much for the help! I am excited about finally having a jeep but think I have a mess from the PO...

I switched the light blue and dark blue wires from column and now don't have any lights coming on in front or on dash. I can hear the switch when I activate left and I still have a left rear signal but I hear nothing on the right and have lost the right rear signal.

Do you have brake lights or 4-way flashers?
LG

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks