trespassing problems. how do yal protect yals garage?

trespassing problems. how do yal protect yals garage?
Well, i have 2 gunsmiths in the family and we have our own private shooting ranges so you can imagine the firearm thing is covered haha i usually have at least a pump on had at all times.

I suggest you get to know the neighbors, they are your biggest allies or your prime suspects. This is a key pice of info for sure!!!!

Also nobody knew about the camera but my girlfriend and even at day time it was not easily seen where it was put.

i fear someone watched me put it up weather it was the neighbor or a man in the bushes. my neighbor is a nice guy, he is a teacher at the college and is the head of the neighborhood watch program on my side of town. which could mean he is real anti thief or he is a very good thief. judging from his yard/house and personality he seems like the neighbor that only cares about a quiet clean neighborhood.

even though i have no respect and alot of built up anger with thief's the last thing i want to do is shoot someone. i would rather help them carry my tv to their car than shoot them. but if i feel that my life or someone else's life is in danger im prepared to get trigger happy quick.

all im looking for is to get my camera back and my sense of peace. id like to pack my house with cameras and alarms but its not my house. and this wont keep them out of my yard either.

also waiting on them and spooking them with a shotgun or something is a no go for me because i dont wont to spook a crack head and get shot at hahahaha.. but seriously

maybe i can find someone that has a pit bull or something that i can tie up out side my house for a week or so

i plan on calling the police over when i get back in town and having a long conversation about what i can do and cant do. and see if they have any tips or tricks other than a dog or motion lights.

i hesitate to bring my jeep or my boats or anything valuable to my college house now :(

if they do break in there isnt much in my house right now but a nice beer pong table and a tv and some furniture so hopefully i can put a stop to all this before we start bringing in the valuables.

wow this is a big post......

even though i have no respect and alot of built up anger with thief's the last thing i want to do is shoot someone. i would rather help them carry my tv to their car than shoot them. but if i feel that my life or someone else's life is in danger im prepared to get trigger happy quick.

I dont have any neighbors "to watch my place", or that can even see me, and the response time for the Sheriff is a half hour or more, past a joke. Im on my own. While I have no intention of shooting anyone at any time, that does not mean that my trespasser has any reservations about shooting at me while violating my property, or possibly even myself.

Id hate like hell to show up to a gun fight carrying a box knife. Ive got a pistol loaded and stashed in each building and the barn, as well a shotgun behind my toolbox in the shop where I spend allot of time, just in the event trouble should roll down my lane in the middle of the day.

One down side to being remote, somebody can come start trouble and no one will see or hear it happening, so Im providing myself with basic protection, that is not afforded to me by the local PD, cause their aint one.

Good luck getting you camera back, while its not likely, stranger things have happened. I had a guy working for me, stole my 9mm out of my desk, I didnt know who or when it was stolen and the PD was able to recover it with an active investigation. Shocked the hell out of me, I thought stolen guns where never recovered ?

haha yes stranger things have happened. my grand dad had a car stolen from him and he spread some words across town and the guy that stole the car brought it back???
my camera could be found in a neighbors yard with the memory card gone or something you never know. i just got to put the word out.

maybe my luck will change

neighbors and elwood made me think of the movie Neighbors when dan aykroyd was on the balcony in his uh "tactical" outfit

hell try that

and BTW booby trapping is illegal in the state of georgia ( not until you get caught )
cameras try sewall.com or Newegg.com.....they cheap

i have an old rusty antique bear trap that still works and i keep it in the shop
"no judge its a collector item not a trap"
i just had it set so i could weld it open to hang on my wall

I like to alternate live shells with non lethal ballistic bean bags. If a bean bag to the torso doesn't change their mind, the next shell probably will.

I like to alternate live shells with non lethal ballistic bean bags. If a bean bag to the torso doesn't change their mind, the next shell probably will.

I like to alternate slugs and 4-0 shot. Just in case there are multiple they get the mental diversion of the example I just set then get peppered. No non-lethals in my firearms. :shooter:

Being prior military i have several suggestions as far as burglars/thiefs are concerned but unfortunately they are lethal so I can't share them with yall.

I had my wallet sitting on the bar here in the kitchen about a month ago and someone came in the house and stole $700 out of it. My wife immediately installed a security system. my best advice is gander mountain has a game camera on sale right now for $99 bucks. It's a damn good camera cause I have one and may go buy a couple more at that price. It takes great pictures at night too! Harbor frieght has signs that say under video watch. For what it's worth grab a couple of those. If all else fails.....

Attachments

• roll bar 008.jpg
    roll bar 008.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 164
Being prior military i have several suggestions as far as burglars/thiefs are concerned but unfortunately they are lethal so I can't share them with yall.

I had my wallet sitting on the bar here in the kitchen about a month ago and someone came in the house and stole $700 out of it. My wife immediately installed a security system. my best advice is gander mountain has a game camera on sale right now for $99 bucks. It's a damn good camera cause I have one and may go buy a couple more at that price. It takes great pictures at night too! Harbor frieght has signs that say under video watch. For what it's worth grab a couple of those. If all else fails.....

headed to HF tomorrow to pick a few signs up. Ill check out those cameras :chug:

I keep my trunk monkey happy, well fed and ready for action! :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thats awsome i need to get one of those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh:

I have 3 levels of security

1. the first is like my Jeeps Jerry cans
my Jeep sits next to my house, and I had the jerry cans stolen off the back about 5 years ago
so I bought another set, and a cheap set, the cheap set I filled with 1/2 diesel and 1/2 gasoline, and put them on the Jeep
Needless to say they were stolen again, and the 17 year old kid down the street had to pay about 700 dollars to a garage to get his truck fixed, seems the fuel system was polluted with diesel. Imagine that, well I did not want to kill the kid, just teach him a lesson. I bought 2 new cheap one and guess what, they have not been touched.
you see my first level is just make sure they learn a expensive lesson.

2. My second level is if they get into the back yard or garage, I have sensor lights that turn on and if the garage door is opened a buzzer goes off in the bedroom, I have a ton of tools and I would hate to have them stolen. Once that buzzer goes off I pick up the 12 gauge side by side walk out the front door to the side with a gate and my wife lets Beatrice and Babs out the back door. Beatrice goes 90 pounds and Babs is 65, I usually have someone coming out the gate real quick, and at that time they meet Mr Browning, I have never shot anyone but I have smelled fresh excrement twice while waiting for the cops to arrive. Funny how they shake and plead when their only option is to wait.
But that is not to satisfying, so I recently bought 2 Tasers, I cannot wait till I get to watch someone squirming and shaking as I keep the trigger down. I know it is a fetish, but I want to do it so bad.

3.My third level of security is, If I am home and you come in, well lets say I will claim self defense as you will have an unregistered gun in your hand when they find your body. And If I am not home, well there is alway Beatrice and Babs.

you know I get those sales call where they want to sell me an alarm system, I invite them to come over and tell them if they can get 10 feet inside my door, and it will be unlocked, I will buy the best they have. No one has ever got past opening the door then shutting it and ringing the bell. Oh afterwards they want to tell me it is not a good security system, but no one has ever had the balls to prove to me that I am wrong.

The reason I prefer Mr Browning to a handgun is that it is a matter of accuracy. You see Mr browning is very accurate when loaded with double ought buck. he covers a wide pattern and that is accurate enough for me. And let me tell you, if you are in my house without my permission, I am not going ask any questions, I will just assume you are there to kill me. and that unregistered pistol they find in your hand when they arrive will be my proof you were there to. No Matter if I supplied it or not.

Last edited:
the rigged gas tank is always classic! :laugh:

i keep a 12guage by the bed also

My preference is a Mossberg pistol grip pump, with the 18" barrel, loaded with the double ought buck as well... we don't need the drop gun in Iowa, anymore... tresspassing is pretty much the only excuse we need these days.. my two German Sheppards are the first line of defense..

Ive got my Uncle Beretta and cousin smith and wesson along with Missy But if You have one of these on hand she might be your friend lol

Attachments

• DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 210
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 211
i have always preferred renting my apt and garage from my retired father whom is home 99% of the time has guns cams sensors and supplied me with a 260 pound locking security gate on the work bay... he is the type that ready for the end of the world and riots....sometimes its ruff living on the same property as him but nobody touches my stuff....

Motion sensors with siren. I think honeywell makes a system that small animals will not set off. Depends on what you want to spend i guess. Oh and the ar-15 or the 410 judge work nicely also

Last edited:
well, being a pugilist has served me well over the years, and i keep my fists hard at least 2 times a week at the local dojo. granted i dont have a gun, but i have never needed one....yet. i also have a 125 pound american bulldog that will go after anything i tell him to. he consistently bites lacrosse balls in half and has a grip that wont quit. you can pick him up by his toy and swing him around and he wont let go. most of the time perps see me coming, its enough to get them running. and if i see something in their hand, thats where big head comes into play. he is a bit faster than me. he is my american bulldog

Had a problem with peeps stealing items from cars at my old work (family owned restaurant near popular swimming hole). We parked an employees Miata top down with a pair of sunglasses on the dash and an empty laptop case on the floor. We set up in the bushes about 35 yards away with break barrel pellet guns and a half case of beer. Aimed for center shin and had the absolute best day at work ever.

bajaedition- i love your defense

:laugh:

Mine, well since i rent a piece of property out in the middle of no where, the land lord has a dog outside that barks at the dirt moving, but she is really nice, but protective, and being a light sleeper, i always look out my bedroom window when shes barking away.

next is a mossberg pump with 3" STEEL shot, so other then that...oh and with having a daughter, and seeing how bad people (criminals) have gotten now a days, im in the process of getting a .45 with a CHL, so that will be next to my bed in one of those hidden compartments in the night stand,

amazing what happens when kids are in the picture all I want to do is protect her as much as possible, just so innocent.:D:D

any way some great, awesome, some funny ideas you guys have. I wouldn't cross any of you, but hopfully in the future on one of the trail rides?

Winchester 300 Defender with extended mag...I live on dead in road so if you are not invited you shouldn't be there

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom