Transmission questions

Transmission questions

hrowzie

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
78 cj7, AMC 304, T15, Dana 20, Dana 30, AMC 20
I have a 1978 CJ7 with the amc 304. Currently I am 6 years in a full restoration. I’m having a lot of trouble understand why it’s hard to get correct information about my transmission for my cj. Currently I have the T-15, or at least I am certain it’s a T-15. The casting number on the side is 13-07-065-901. Everywhere I try to find parts say “only for 1970 through 1975... Every question I ask about it on any forum I get the response that my 78 should have a T-150 in it. Through tracking down previous owners, so far nobody said the T-150 was removed. The most confusing part is the only source I have found so far that says otherwise is from Novak. Their website says that the T-15 was offered from 1970 through 1975 and in full size CJs through 1979. So, my question is am crazy? If I am going for a full restoration should I find a T-150? (Which I don’t want to do). Please let me know what you all think. I would really appreciate the help.

Go to the Novak site. Compare what you have to the 2 on site and the discriptions. They also give you measurements so you should be able to figure out what you have. Someone gave me a transfer case and transmission and I as able figure it out by comparison

Yep everything matches a T-15 exactly. I just don’t understand why hardy any parts sites have parts for a T-15 in a 78. I’m sure they are the same but I’m still wondering if that is factory for my cj or not

Yep everything matches a T-15 exactly. I just don’t understand why hardy any parts sites have parts for a T-15 in a 78. I’m sure they are the same but I’m still wondering if that is factory for my cj or not
Did you see the Drive train / transmission thread? -->> https://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f105/manual-cj-transmissions-12112/

Specifically this post -->> https://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f105/manual-cj-transmissions-12112/#post97086

The T-15 is a heavy duty three speed transmission that was available in CJ's from 1972 to 1975. For the most part it was mainly offered with the 304 V8 but in some cases it was found behind the strait sixes if the buyer were to specify the heavy duty three speed. The T-15 is the strongest three speed ever offered in a CJ.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks