TCase Transfer case re-clock

Transfer case
TCase Transfer case re-clock

Armyvet25

Beach Runner
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 83 CJ7, 2012 JKU, 1995 YJ
241c Chevy Transfer case, I think 84-97ish, case has c16120 on it, what's involved in re-clocking a TC, other than unbolting and turning it...
Also, if anybody familiar with the NV3500 Chevy 5 spd, I have access to a 241 Jeep TC, how hard to mount to the NV3500...direct? Adapter needed?, would actually be a tough enough TC and clocked right for a CJ.
I'll contact Novak as well, thought I'd ask to forum first.
I probably should have mentioned I want the Chevy TC 180 degrees from left to right, I understand this poses new problems with the linkage, but, if the Jeep 241 can be used, I know the the current setup has 32splines, not sure what the Jeep 241 has.

Last edited:
https://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/np-nvg-input-gears

Good info on the 241 from Novak.

found this also....

Input & Output Specifications​

The NP241 was manufactured in two distinct input formats. These versions utilized either a 27 or 32-spline female input. The 27-spline version was used with the T350, 4L60E and 700R4 transmissions. The 32-spline model was used with the T400, 4L80E and five-speed transmissions. The NP241 was equipped with a slip-yoke rear output.

Good how to...

https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/1...s-helps-make-a-transfer-case-better-than-new/

Hope you find some of this useful.

Last edited:
Had no idea that ring fit four different trannies...

Had no idea that ring fit four different trannies...
Man I've dug through a lot of forums, tech articles, and such to find out information on what I was trying to do. There is no telling what bookmarks I had on my old computer lol. Heck with today's tech and innovations its about limitless on what can be done. When I was visiting a friend in Illinois, a few bays down from his shop was a couple of guys who made adapters to put Honda engines in BMW's They were designing other adapter plates for various applications also. They had one CNC milling machine and a guy in the warehouse on a computer doing designs. But business was growing faster than they could.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks