trans torque arm grommets

trans torque arm grommets

ksouthw80

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ7.304, t150,D20 w/teralow- twin stick, dana 30/AMC20. 35 sst's on procomp wheels.
I will be putting my T-150 trans back in tomorrow but I'm not 100% sure how the torque arm grommets go in. They were not there when I pulled it. Does anyone have a pic? I will have to get a bolt too. Anyone know the size by chance. Right now I only have a chiltons manual... Yes I know I should listen to u all and get the overhaul manual:cool: ! any help is much appreciated.

is it double nutted at the crossmember? special style hardware?

There was a special bolt for the CJ at that location. If you don't have it you could just use a 3/8" all thread piece to support those bushings with nuts and spacers or what ever works, including some sort of neopreme or rubber bushings to give support to that torque arm. Make sure the motor mounts are good, if not the engine will sag towards the rear where the valve cover will get close to the firewall.

Thanks, I bought the correct poly grommets for this set up. i take it the hardware is no longer available?

TorqueArmStuds003.jpg

TorqueArmStuds004.jpg

That's a special stud I had my son machine. It's a bit longer than the original.

Here's an alternative to the stud:

TorqueArmStuds002.jpg

TorqueArmStuds001.jpg

I like the look of that set up, i've seen that type bolt/stud before , cant remember where , i'll have to look around.

just saw the spacer setup. thats easy enough, thats what ill prob lean towards

Thanks mtnwhlr, I just ordered that, I forget to try ebay.. Crazy world we live in. Seems somebody always has what someone else wants or needs...

Google is your friend.

1/2" 'all-thread' will work in a pinch, in place of the OEM bolt. ;)
What I have used for many years now.:D
LG

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks