Trans Crossmember after SBC swap

Trans Crossmember after SBC swap

Cuv

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
77 CJ5, T150 Trans, cracked block on 258
I've done some searching and no luck, maybe using the wrong terms.

Long story short, I went from a 258 to a SBC in my 77 CJ5, and kept the T-150/Dana 20. Now that the engine is in the trans crossmember/skid plate won't line up. This was somewhat expected as everything isn't the exact place as before but I thought it would be close enough, or that I could re-drill holes in the crossmember. Not paying attention when I removed it, I didn't realize it was stamped out the way it is and I don't believe I'll be able to re-drill anything.

So is there a simple fix others have done? Re-drill into the frame using the stock holes in the crossmember if they line up with the frame? Cut off the stamped sides and have flat plate welded on, allowing me to align and drill for the factory frame locations? Not sure the better route to go here. The transmission is forward of where it was with the I6.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks