Too much body roll with YJ springs - Need Help

Too much body roll with YJ springs - Need Help

73CJ

Crazy Sr. Respected Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
73 CJ5 4.0 head on a 258, HEI, Holley Projection w/ 4.56, Detroit lockers Narrowed D44 front and full float D44 rear T14 w/ D20 4 wheel discs, 38.5 Boggers
OK so I put YF rear springs on both ends of my 73CJ. Just like JP mag did several years ago. The axles actually move up and down compared with the 4" TrailMaster POS rock hard springs. (Broke the frame at 3 spring mounts) Now it has way too much body roll on the highway even with a front swaybar. Anybody got any ideas? I don't want a trailer queen.

Add a leaf in the rear?
Rancho air adjustable shocks (thats what I'm going to try on mine for the same problem with Softride springs)?
Bigger sway bar?

If I disconnect my sway bar it's almost undrivable except at very low speeds, but with the sway bar connected it's great. One thing I did when converting over to YJ springs is to put poly bushings on the sway bar. Not sure if this made a big difference but mine were worn out anyway so it couldn't hurt.

I dunno, My CJ has the SkyJacker SoftRide springs under it, and I've had people tell me that they thought I was going to roll it over going slow in a traffic circle! :laugh: It does scare most people when they ride with me, but I trust it to stay upright thru some very precariuos driving.
Just depends on who's driving I guess. That and the welded rear kinda exagerates the lean...

I would add a leaf possible to all four corners. If your springs are actually stifer than your front you'll have a more pronounced body lean. My CJ used to have really stiff front springs and real soft rear springs. Instead of front axle moving up and down it would just force the rear over. A small rock would be a feeling of a near roll over. With a softer front the rear axle will actually push the front axle easier and you'll have better articulation. I run Superlift springs for a CJ work great for me.

What kind of shocks are you running????? The nitro shocks are stiffer and there are the adjustable coil over Sway A Way shocks that would help also.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks