Help Tires too big for my drive train?

Help Tires too big for my drive train?
Excellent advice... I agree with JR too, research everything. You'll end up re-researching things based on a new premise you learned from other research. They say the poor man pays twice. I'd say at least twice. I had 4.10 gears, thought I wanted better highway and went to 2.73's then decided I wanted the best of both so went to 3.54's then decided I wanted bigger tires and so on. I decided I wasn't going to change gears for the THIRD time and be back where I started so I put 4.88's in. Now I just scream down the highway at 58mph, but I can climb a tree...

I have another Jeep I'm tinkering with. I have 44's and a 401, another Sniper and blah blah blah and now sometimes I think just buy a wrecked Tahoe and drop in the engine/trans/transfercase and never worry about it again.

But agreed - get the gas squared away, then get new friends. You've found plenty of them here I can assure you.

I love my 4.0 not the fastest thing out there but gets me there and back.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks