Tire trouble

Tire trouble

driver007

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1981 cj5 304 v8, 300 Dana,model 30 Dana and model 20 AMC rear end
I am looking to source a tall narrow tire. 31-9-15 or narrower. I want a tall narrow tire for my build. Anyone seen a brand that makes a narrow tire?:dunno:

A street tire or mud tire?

I had a set of 34x9.50 super swamper bias ply tires great off road:D sucked really bad on road

Last night I was looking at the Kaiser Willys site and they sell the old school uni tread tires in that sizing for pretty cheap as well

A tire with some tread to it like a BF mud tire. Something like a army jeep would run.

Buckshot mudder if they are still made

Heck Yea! Buckshot mudder slogan, "Our tires ride like a square-wheeled wagon!"

My Dad always had either those or the "running W" mudgrips on the back of his welding rig. Tall and narrow just as asked for!:chug:

The 235-75-15 or the 31-10.5-15 seem to be it. I can not find a old school tire in the 9 inch.

The BFG Mud KM2 in a 30 x 9.5 x 15. it is a full 30 inches and performs great. Perfect with a vehicle with no power steering.

Attachments

• IMG00031-20110217-1430.JPG
    IMG00031-20110217-1430.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 137
Another option would be to go with 16" rims. Lots more tire options then; such as 235/85R16 - almost 32" tall and quite skinny.

Your right BCCJ I would have what I want in a 16. Might have to go that route. I picked up my 81 in Kelowna second owner the first had it in a apple orchard.

Oh cool. I didn't even notice your location was Canada... not that that means anywhere near Kelowna - big country. Where are you located these days?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks