Steering Tie Rod Flip Kit for Dana 30 goferit gone?

NotTJ

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ7 258 T150 D20 D30 AMC20 33" Yoko MT
I am thinking of a tie rod and drag link flip. Ill probably use a stock drag link as it looks to be solid and ill use an upgraded tie rod. My issue is I cannot log into the goferit offroad website. Is there another flip that y'all recommend? Any idea what happened to goferit?

I agree. I mean, using heavy duty drag link and tie rod.

Hello all.
Thought I'd ask how the different inserts have been serving you all? Anything come loose yet or other problems? Did you weld them a bit?

I was thinking about flipping just the drag link so I could put the original pitman arm back on. I did this to my previous CJ5 decades ago. But, I used a larger rod end for the bigger hole reamed into the steering arm. I'd like to just keep the new rod end I have on the drag link now, which fits the factory taper.

Thanks.

I have yet to get my Jeep started and running since taking it down for repairs and modifications. While I did drive around the property with it before taking it down I don't think my input is worth anything here. Hopefully someone who has some miles can chime in. I will say the inserts did install quite easily and everything tightened down nicely afterward...no different than if I was tightening stock steering components.

I'm with Belizean on this one. I spent a bit of money and went with the rugged ridge one ton drag link and tie rod kit. Changed the geometry of the assembly instantly to a flat presentation. I also threw in a M.O.R.E. power steering box brace just for kicks. All together it wasn't an arm and a leg but it was pricey. I do like the results. I do have the PSC heavy duty power steering box and pump, and a M.O.R.E. brace to round it all up.

Attachments

• 20230318_110840.jpg
    20230318_110840.jpg
    386.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230318_110820.jpg
    20230318_110820.jpg
    408.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230318_110803.jpg
    20230318_110803.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 11
Yeah I’m going to have to get a brace one of these days.

It was a quick bolt on and less than $100 for added insurance and less worry. M.O.R.E. offroad has quite a few additions you can purchase to strengthen a 40 year old jeep. Any age jeep!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks