Steering Tie Rod Flip Kit for Dana 30 goferit gone?

Steering Tie Rod Flip Kit for Dana 30 goferit gone?

NotTJ

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ7 258 T150 D20 D30 AMC20 33" Yoko MT
I am thinking of a tie rod and drag link flip. Ill probably use a stock drag link as it looks to be solid and ill use an upgraded tie rod. My issue is I cannot log into the goferit offroad website. Is there another flip that y'all recommend? Any idea what happened to goferit?

I did it and love mine. No use recommending mine since you are not replacing the thin walled drag link. Mine was heavy duty and was not cheap. F963CA2A-4AEB-45C9-AA1A-EEB079DB5717.jpegEF8F4AEA-3E58-4ADF-AFAD-132802D761B3.jpegB7B052C8-BD99-4D03-A73F-49E6B1CBD5B5.jpeg1321837D-517B-4589-8E65-FA263254E474.jpegA8E60DED-0CAB-4F2D-BBA9-236C5B860630.jpeg

Couple more pictures. EE9C0B56-C845-44F9-A496-B6C3F453E5BA.jpeg3FB40217-505C-4E82-BFB3-457C0277A10E.jpeg697029E7-C40A-4876-B49F-635EE465535A.jpegA3424F4B-FF27-415C-9396-67B4063B05AC.jpeg0BA325A8-5DD5-4679-AC96-2FB07B5080BC.jpeg

Well if you’re gonna post something so beautiful you have to know I’ll want that. Who makes that? I thought the drag links were solid but if they’re tube I don’t want that!

Jim Crabtree. Crabtree Tool & Die He is a one man company. I talked to him probably 3 different times. He is very free with his time and was never in a hurry to get off the phone. He had me ordered that cutter and I had it drop shipped to him to make the inserts-they match the off the shelf tie rod ends, left and right I got from napa. He has a CJ7 so he makes different parts also. He has a web site also

here's some useful info
tie rod flip
I saw that on a search but the problem is I cannot find goferit. I thought it was goferit.com or goferitoffroad.com but neither are loading a page for me to purchase. I would be good buying them from goferit but not so keen on purchasing from random amazon chinese knockoffs. If theres another USA brand one I would be good with that too of course.

Jim Crabtree. Crabtree Tool & Die He is a one man company. I talked to him probably 3 different times. He is very free with his time and was never in a hurry to get off the phone. He had me ordered that cutter and I had it drop shipped to him to make the inserts-they match the off the shelf tie rod ends, left and right I got from napa. He has a CJ7 so he makes different parts also. He has a web site also
I'll have to get in touch with him and ordered up since I really don't think goferit is currently online.

When I was researching there were a few different ones to look at, but most had something I did not like about them. I didn’t want to have to weld the inserts in either. There was another that used an odd tie rod end also. I could lend you the cutter if you want, since I’m probably never going to use again.

I saw that on a search but the problem is I cannot find goferit. I thought it was goferit.com or goferitoffroad.com but neither are loading a page for me to purchase. I would be good buying them from goferit but not so keen on purchasing from random amazon chinese knockoffs. If theres another USA brand one I would be good with that too of course.
not sure how up to date this info is
2022-12-22_091715.jpg

Here's our before and after. I used the OK4wd inserts and reamed the knuckles. Stock steering is back on for now. The difference is INTENSE. Beyond just the drag link falling super in line with the tie rod - you get also get the tie rod up into a spot where its unlikely to hit any thing unless you fall back down off a rock. 10/10 would recommend.

IMG_8642.jpeg

IMG_8644.jpeg

Flattened it right out…you’re gonna love the difference that makes

I even left the steering damper off mine ! I would highly recommend replacing the thin walled tie rod and drag link also. Just my 2 cents.

Wouldn’t get much from that mod. I am not running a lift, and don’t like to add weight to the Jeep. But I can see that bump steer can be remedied while tucking the tie rod up higher.

I even left the steering damper off mine ! I would highly recommend replacing the thin walled tie rod and drag link also. Just my 2 cents.
My drag link is solid not a tube. Tie rod is thin thin. Both will eventually go just not before a lil spring wheeling.

Wouldn’t get much from that mod. I am not running a lift, and don’t like to add weight to the Jeep. But I can see that bump steer can be remedied while tucking the tie rod up higher.
No weight added flipping a tie rod. Not much to be gained on stock heights. I have some sort of lift so there was a lil drag link angle but it wasn't anything that needed attention I just wanted to get my steering out of the rocks.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks