Misc. tail lights round recessed....NON led

Misc. tail lights round recessed....NON led

Armyvet25

Beach Runner
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 83 CJ7, 2012 JKU, 1995 YJ
My Franken-J build 83 CJ7 has a TJ body, but I'm going to emulate some old style Jeep attributes, first off, I'm trying to source round red rear recessed tail lights, and NON led...because that's what I want. Seems everybody only sells led's anymore even truck stop trailer lights. I'd like to keep them in the 4" range, not worried about reverse built in. I want the kind that are pretty flush with the body, who sells them????????
Not really looking for the old willy's lights either, want close to flush mount.
And anybody have a source for a reasonably decent shape CJ7 tailgate, may be interested. Another TJ body adaption to be made. I may just modify the current tailgate to open like a CJ7's gate.

Check out Round Tail Lights (non-LED) from eTrailer.com. These are 4" Peterson #435800. This uses a rubber "boot" to insert into a hole of the correct size for mounting.

And here's one that has a flange on the outside for screws to mount it: Round Tail Lights w/ Flange Mount These are Optronics #ST47RB.

You might find a tailgate at Rudy's jeep parts over in Findlay Ohio, about 95 miles from you

Check out Round Tail Lights (non-LED) from eTrailer.com. These are 4" Peterson #435800. This uses a rubber "boot" to insert into a hole of the correct size for mounting.

And here's one that has a flange on the outside for screws to mount it: Round Tail Lights w/ Flange Mount These are Optronics #ST47RB.
kinda what I'm looking for, but they look disposable, like you have to replace the entire unit when the bulb goes bad

You sure you want to cut those two large holes….

Flush mount but sorry led
Backup light is flush but led 😞
1666926518211.jpeg

Don’t forget side markers and red reflectorization in the rear to stay safe and DOT compliant.

I have a pair I had to remove since they are not legal in Mass. Let me know if you are interested in them
might be cost prohibited to ship a couple lights from Mass. compared to buying new, I appreciate the offer, pm me a pic and how much you would want for them

My Franken-J build 83 CJ7 has a TJ body, but I'm going to emulate some old style Jeep attributes, first off, I'm trying to source round red rear recessed tail lights, and NON led...because that's what I want. Seems everybody only sells led's anymore even truck stop trailer lights. I'd like to keep them in the 4" range, not worried about reverse built in. I want the kind that are pretty flush with the body, who sells them????????
Not really looking for the old willy's lights either, want close to flush mount.
And anybody have a source for a reasonably decent shape CJ7 tailgate, may be interested. Another TJ body adaption to be made. I may just modify the current tailgate to open like a CJ7's gate.
Are you up on fab work? I have grafted in 70's C10 lights into the corners of the tub before. It is not real hard and you can take off your rear marker lights as well. The curve of the light follows the body contour and it is flush. They are less than $20 an assembly.

tlc10.JPG

Are you up on fab work? I have grafted in 70's C10 lights into the corners of the tub before. It is not real hard and you can take off your rear marker lights as well. The curve of the light follows the body contour and it is flush. They are less than $20 an assembly.

View attachment 76576
I don't like the way JK/JKU's tail lights wrap around, I think it might make the CJ look too modern, I guess I'd have to see it, yes, can fab decent

i lost track of where I put them but just ran across them today. Here is a pic before I removed them. They are in good shape. If you are still interested make me an offer

Attachments

• 15E7D7E9-D4B7-46D7-858F-6489A6CCC086.jpeg
    15E7D7E9-D4B7-46D7-858F-6489A6CCC086.jpeg
    201.3 KB · Views: 4

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks