switching from narrow track to wide track need some advice

switching from narrow track to wide track need some advice

jesseb

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ 7 bone stock for now
I have an 81 cj 7 and a handle on some geared wide track axles. Still a Dana 30 and amc 20 but wide track and geared well.
The front has high steer and the rear is heavily trussed for 4 link but doesn't have leaf brackets.

Will the front bolt right in are the perches the same on wide track and narrow track?
Will highsteer work on a non lifted jeep?
What steering components will I need? ?
Will the amc. 20 warp when I weld the leaf brackets on?

The plan for the jeep is no bigger than 34s with generous fender trimming and no lift.
Who has done this upgrade? Seems pretty straightforward but would live to hearsome real world feedback.
Thanks

I have an 81 cj 7 and a handle on some geared wide track axles. Still a Dana 30 and AMC20 but wide track and geared well.
The front has high steer and the rear is heavily trussed for 4 link but doesn't have leaf brackets.

Will the front bolt right in are the perches the same on wide track and narrow track?
Will highsteer work on a non lifted jeep?
What steering components will I need? ?
Will the amc. 20 warp when I weld the leaf brackets on?

The plan for the jeep is no bigger than 34s with generous fender trimming and no lift.
Who has done this upgrade? Seems pretty straightforward but would live to hearsome real world feedback.
Thanks
The perches should be the same
I don't think the high steer will line up right.
Get a set of stock knuckles
The tubes shouldn't warp if welded right.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks