switch

switch

ksouthw80

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ7.304, t150,D20 w/teralow- twin stick, dana 30/AMC20. 35 sst's on procomp wheels.
Does anyone know where the reverse light switch is located on a T-150 transmission? Also, is this also the neutral safety switch?

There are two switches on the transmission shift tower.
One would be for transmission control spark (emissions)
The other is your back up light switch.
No such thing as neutral safety switch on that year/model.
You have to use your brain.;)

On a 1978 T-150 there is a reverse switch on the top just behind the shifter. If you take the tunnel cover off you should be able to see it. I don't recall seeing a neutral switch and there is no spark control switch on anything that early.
:cool:

TCS (transmission control spark) has been around since at least 1973 on Jeep manual transmissions. (at least in California)
:D

TCS (transmission control spark) has been around since at least 1973 on Jeep manual transmissions. (at least in California)

You sure about that?:confused:
My T-5 has no such device. Nor have I ever seen any such thing on any Jeep's T4/5. My Jeep was bought new in 1985, and is a CA. model.
The ONLY electrical device on my T5, is the reverse/back-up light switch.
Nor did I see one on the T-176 I just help pull out of my friends 81 ca. model CJ5.
LG

Thanks for the help

You sure about that?:confused:
My T-5 has no such device. Nor have I ever seen any such thing on any Jeep's T4/5. My Jeep was bought new in 1985, and is a CA. model.
The ONLY electrical device on my T5, is the reverse/back-up light switch.
Nor did I see one on the T-176 I just help pull out of my friends 81 ca. model CJ5.
LG
Lumpy, i'm thinking that the TCS went out when the computer controls came in.

On a 1978 T-150 there is a reverse switch on the top just behind the shifter. If you take the tunnel cover off you should be able to see it. I don't recall seeing a neutral switch and there is no spark control switch on anything that early.
:cool:

I can't see/find it on any T-150 'exploded view'. Do you have one that shows this? My 'puter search foo sucs at times.

Lumpy, i'm thinking that the TCS went out when the computer controls came in.

Good point!

LG

Switch for SR4 T4 T5 are all on the transmission case if I recall correctly.
TCS switch disappeared
beginning in 1980 with the advent of computer controls as previously mentioned.

You did not note which trannys had this-;):rolleyes:
On the T-150. Which switch is which? I think the 2 pole switch(3.319-2)would be the back-up light switch as it looks like the one I have on the T5.

Switch for SR4 T4 T5 are all on the transmission case if I recall correctly.
TCS switch disappeared
beginning in 1980 with the advent of computer controls as previously mentioned.

The back-up light switch is on the right side of the T4/5's used in Jeeps.
The switch does fail often. I keep a couple of spares on hand.
:chug:
LG

<sigh> here endeth the lesson

IMG_1025_zpsnllnyyos.png

For reference, My 73 has the TCS switch on the T-14 tranny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what the left one. See pic, it's plugeduploadfromtaptalk1427661581457.jpg

Ok I see the other chart that was put up. Spark contol, ? Other than the o bvious

Hey, can one of you guys show a GOOD pic of a 1978 CJ7 wiring diagram. I'm using a chiltons,not saying it's bad but could be better?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks