Frame Sway Bars?

Frame Sway Bars?

Armyvet25

Beach Runner
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 83 CJ7, 2012 JKU, 1995 YJ
How many of you actually run sway bars on your CJ's, not including strictly off road builds?
Wondering if I should waste my time on installing them on my 83 build.

I run front with a jks disconnect

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

Still have mine, looking for longer links of some type.

Most people not running them have no problem. Just remembering that they are not driving a Porsche or other high performance car. A good friend told me decades ago that while driving Jeeps the only thing to swerve away from were kids. Not dogs, cats or potholes.

I removed the sway bar a very long time ago, and I street my CJ quite hard and offroad mildly. Deep inside I do believe in the sway bar’s purpose, though. I do not have a lift and that helps a bit to go sway-less. Excellent question.

And yes, I do have roll issues that are also compounded by my soft stock narrow front springs and shackle reversal.

I should be ok, mine will be a beach/strip buggy, summer fun, some trail riding, is the street riding without one less restrictive, softer riding?

mine will be lifted with 35's, guess they can always be added if needed
Mine has 4" suspension lift with 35's also. I do VERY mild offroad stuff (hunting, camping) and mostly street driving (daily driver). I kept mine on with the extended links. I figure if I ever do more hard core offroad stuff, I'll get some links with disconnects in them. But I prefer keeping the bar for cornering in traffic and stuff.

I should be ok, mine will be a beach/strip buggy, summer fun, some trail riding, is the street riding without one less restrictive, softer riding?
The sway bar probably doesn't influence ride quality all that much if at all, I have a 4 inch lift and shackle reversal that I was told would help ride quality, not that I am able to notice, my best riding CJ7 had 2 inches and well worn shocks so that may have given me fond memories. Most of when I dont like the ride the street is to blame, holes , lumps, expansion joints ect.

Well, the Franken-J will be sitting on a YJ frame, so obviously YJ front Springs, can use rear CJ springs, adding a add-a-leaf lift(1-1/2) nothing aggressive shocks wise,
maybe shackle reverse kit, 35x12.5x15 Falkens with 28-32 psi. I guess it can't hurt to install later, but if I do install them, will definitely use quick disconnects.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks